1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's Frustration Overflows

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moomoo, Sep 5, 2002.

1. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he was yelling at Rush in Chinese, so...what? He can't talk like what, Ed? What was he saying? Tell me that much before you go and give out another technical to anybody.

2. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

he may have cursed in English, I mean the first words that you learn in a foreign lanuage are usally the worst ones first right?

I know people who the only words in spanish that they know are curse words...

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Man I hate NBA officials.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

All it takes is 1 ass whipping and people will leave you alone. Thats why Robinson still has the soft label on him. Karl Malone punked him before the playoffs and he let it ride. Its an unwritten rule that a center has to kick someones ass 1 time to relieve itself of the soft label. Kareem did it,moses,hakeem ,shaq,mourning and the list goes on. When someone challenges you and you're the biggest player on your team, if you back down, what are your guards going to think. It doesn't matter if the guy who ass you whip is a big player or small player because the message will be sent.After Ming kicks 1 ass, they'll stop testing him.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If that's true, that's sad. I respect Robinson and he's not soft. Chinese martial art teaches you how NOT to fight.

No player should be intentionally provoked to swing punches in a basketball game. I've said it before: Look at The Punch!

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

If David Robinson really wanted to he probably could destroy any big man in the league in a legit fight, and that includes Shaq.

7. Panda

Panda Member

Ming should have someone to tell him that. I hope he doesn't back down due to humility when some thugs mess with him. In order to dominate, Ming needs to be mean somtimes.

8. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

All I can say is I feel sorry for the guy to have such patriotism and loyalty to his country, only to be betrayed by his own coach and team members and perhaps the whole system that makes up the CBA. Someone has to take the blame but for sure, Yao is not one of them. So go ahead and let it out Yao. Houston will soon be your new home and everyone's ready to support you here.

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I'd like to see Ming chokeslam Benji Wallace.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You may not think its true, but thats the way it is. I don't know or don't care that Ming know Kung Fu which i think is kind of racist to say the least, but if Francis goes to the hole and gets hammered, if you're big man doesn't respond then the respect is lost. Karl Malone hammered Robinson in the nose and Robinson did nothing. If your superstar/all star is soft, what does that say about your team? Just like when Isaih was ommitted from the Dream Team and was tearing Stockton a new ass hole, what happened?

Some may call it sad and other may call it pathetic, but its the reality in sportsThe small players on the team has to have the insurances that when the get into a dogfight, their big men are going to be right there in the middle of the battle with them. How can a guard be the toughest player on your team? They are going to test Ming over and over again until he whipps 1 ass. If he doesn't, players will think they can do anything to him and his teammates and get away with it. David ass great of a player he is will forever be the scarecrow from the wizard of oz.

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I kind of agree. It's like in baseball. If a guy gets a nasty hit by the pitcher, the other pitcher will usually come back and hit one of the other team's batter. You gotta back your team up.