1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao will be in the All-stars 2003... take my word for it..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mini_GreatWall, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Mini_GreatWall

13 points, 11 rebounds, and 6... "SIX block shots" on US dream team ..... not too bad at all.....

if you avg that kind of number against the Bests from NBA...
    I don't see why he won't avg better when facing the Memphis grizzlies and the chicago bulls...... :D

Mutombo's in the all-stars cuz of his 3.5 blocks / 12 rebounds per game......

Ming is definately a better blocker than Mutombo.. a bit weaker in the rebounding category, and a much better scorer..

if some trash like Todd Macoulogh (NJ) ALMOST made the all-stars last year.. I don't see why a young sensation like Ming won't...

just my 2 cents..

2. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Hmmmm, Todd Macoulogh or Yao Ming.

Doh! That's too easy!

:D

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

he will be an allstar this year. why? because of the shinjo effect.

4. Stevie Francis

yeah he will, that would be pretty cool too. 2 allstars, maybe three, with cat and when griff improves maybe 4.:D

5. Drex22

Drex22 Contributing Member

They showed a nice chunk of the game on ESPN News and the crowd seemed to love him, they went crazy when he swatted Lafrenz.

6. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

They went crazy with that rejection of Davis as well. I think that Ming has the talent to be an all-star, but if he is playing that many minutes next year he just might hit a rookie wall after the break. The Rockets need to beware of their immediate temptations and take care of their future investment.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't think Yao hitting a rookie wall will be as big of a danger as someone coming out of college since Yao has been playing a ton of games every year anyway.

8. Chris01

Chris01 Member

The Rockets have a chance to have an Ichiro type reaction around the league. Every where they go Chinese-Americans and just curious fans are going to be giving their love for the Rockets big man. I was at one of the Astros-Mariners games this year and sat right next to a section of 50 of the biggest Ichiro fans you'll ever see. Dude caught a routine flu ball and it was like he had clinched a trip to the Series. I found it annoying personally, but if theyre yelling for the Rockets, all power to um.

9. D Rose

D Rose Contributing Member

A major part of the value of Ming. . .is called team basketball. . .blending him in with the likes of Francis & Mobley. . .toss in some help from Eddie, Taylor, Thomas, Cato & Moochie. . . .the parts make the whole a whole lot better.

If teams only pay as much attention to Ming as they were required to give Cato. . . he might very well light them up. . .so. . . .start giving him double teams. . . .special defenses and look out what those improving guys on the team will do. . .

. . . .that's the offense. . . .now if Ming adds anything to our defense. . . .then we get to be maybe just a bit scary.

We're in the Playoffs. . ..how far may depend more on how Shaq plays than anything else. . .

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Given the excitement of the Asian community could Yao Ming possibly find himself starting in the all star game?

After all the starters are selected by the fans.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It will be a battle between him and Shaq

Rocket River

12. aznlincolnpark

i dink so too, that he will make to the all-star 2003. :D