1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao to miss at least another 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The 1 true advantage Yao has over the biggest tallest player is that he is natural growth giant. Muresan, Bol, and some other guys on Madmax's list were sufferers of acromegaly and other stuff. If you look up facts pertaining to this disease, you see the fact that these people are actually relatively muscularly handicap for their size and nothing can help them. We expect more from a natural growth giant. Yao moved closer to a normal athlete and had the intelligence and knowledge of the game. His frame is still solid bone and muscle, and other guys like Shaq carry more load yet remain healthy most of their career. Given these facts Yao critisms are fair, there should be no "short bus" sympathy for this man. It is what it is.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

all of that would be great if we weren't literally watching him break down before our eyes. seriously, the man has missed about as many games as he's played over the last 5 seasons.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dude, I'm not arguing against you. Have you read my posts about Yao?

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i wasn't arguing with you, either.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It dosent change the fact he is huge and that only continues to put added stress on his frame. He will allways have an injury because of that.

6. RocketRedd45

RocketRedd45 Member

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

that's cool, it's not like we're playing the season right now or anything.

wait, wait......whaaaaaaaaat?!?!

8. Halfback10

Halfback10 Rookie

Yao Ming will be back.

9. rox81

rox81 Member

Yup, layman's term for contusion. Translation: Nothing's broken, but it hurts and it'll take some time to heal. How long? Two weeks for a typical person. Two years for Yao.

1 person likes this.
  10. rox81

rox81 Member

No, no, no. Never get well. Stay injured. Don't ever come back. Car accident, mugging, suicide - whatever it takes to prevent us from seeing your fragile a$$ in a Rockets uniform again.

11. rox81

rox81 Member

Actually, he catches too many breaks: in the foot, the ankle, the ....

12. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Elston Turner himself told me himself that Yao will be out for 4 weeks, not 2 according to the news reports. I met him at a girls basketball tourney at Kempner High School this past Saturday.

So maybe the injury is more serious than what we know.

1 person likes this.
  13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

of course!!!

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

now that wasn't very nice

15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Some fans from other sites are saying Yao will be out longer than the 2 weeks reported, something like 6 weeks. You heard 4 weks. I don't know where the information is coming from, but it sounds like the time-frame keeps getting longer and longer.

16. rockyao

rockyao Member

rox81, your life must be miserable nowadays. feel sorry for you. I'm just wondering what you do when Yao comes back? Car accident, mugging, suicide? feel more sorry then.

1 person likes this.
  17. rox81

rox81 Member

Actually, life is pretty good right now. My girlfriend's a lot prettier and nicer than the last one - she even cooks occasionally! - I'm making sweet money (she probably only likes me for the dough, but I'm totally OK with that in the short-term), and I get to travel overseas to cool places once or twice a year.

Oh yeah: Yao is injured! Makes me happy not to see him out there. Life is good... for now.

But when Yao does come back, I will be less happy, no doubt about that. Let's keep our fingers crossed that some sort of career-ending calamity comes his way. It's only just.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

^ u do know karma's a b**** right?

19. rox81

rox81 Member

So is your mom.

20. rox81

rox81 Member

sorry, dude, i HAD to! you just laid it out there and i couldn't resist. no hard feelings.

this is a fan site, for chrissakes. it's about basketball. no one's life depends on our little fan musings. it's all in fun, mate!