1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao to leave Chinese National Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by olliez, Oct 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Might want to put that in the title...as opposed to the statement

2. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Holy crap that dude is far from the best rapper ever. He IS the most overrated ever though, I'll give him that. Tupac/Biggie ring a bell?

Back on topic. Link to info please?

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wish this was true, Yao shouldn't waste his summer playing more basketball. He needs to rest that huge frame of his.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Regardless of what he says in the original post, he has a very misleading title, and that is something to complain about.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

no joke.

gotta love it when the postinistas come out in full force.

6. Albert Einstain

Great ,I apprieciate that. China basketball is the best basketball team around the world because the chinese people is the most creative people in the world. I bet every chinese is as clever as yao and you, man. You may have thought that the americans are clever because you've noticed that many great scientists and inventors are americans. I bet the country of china will exceed the US alroundly in the near future.

7. tangwentao

tangwentao Member

this is rumour. chinese media has reported that Yao will by no means leave national team. hope Yao can win both in nba and chinese national team

8. yaorta

yaorta Member

it's still pending

9. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

10. ikilance

ikilance New Member

Hope the whisper comes true. Although I am a Chinese, I would love to see Yao can help Rocket to win the NBA.

11. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

You out do you'reself everytime.

12. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Member

You guys forget that he lives in a Communist country, he don't call the shots over there unless he defects permanently!

13. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Dude, if you are a Chinese, you are definitely a shame to the Chinese people.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's a fine word you have there Albert.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

WTF? Wow is all I can say

16. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

Hope so,if Yao to leave Chinese National Team,he can concentrate on ROCKETS! But it maybe a rumor

17. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Will never happen. Yao will leave the Rockets before he leaves the Chinese national team.

What Yao should really consider should be to only play with the team on the important years (World Championships and Olympics). Basically every two summers, instead of every summer. That is what all NBA players seem to do (US or international). And I think that would make a big difference.

18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

And what medal did they earn in these past Olympics? :rolleyes: Hell in ANY Olympics?? Thank you, drive thru!!

19. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Awesome... saw an article on USA today... "http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/10/yao-ming-done-p.html

and in my rush to scoop it here (late of course) I was in the BBS hangout, posted it there, and spelled his name in the title "YOU Ming"

I am made of win.

That said, I did the title with the little brackets citing the source, posted the link, and otherwise was outstanding amidst my clutchfans silliness.

I do hope there's at least SOME truth to him scaling back his international play obligations... it's in his, and everyone's, best interest.

20. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6072825.html

Yao Ming denied reports out of Shanghai that said he’d decided to retire from the Chinese national team.

"I haven’t announced that," Yao said following Wednesday’s practice. "I think now there is no national team and all I want to worry about is playing 82 games and the playoffs.

"I don’t know where the news came from. I’m not aware of that. Maybe he heard something from somebody I know. It was not from me."

The 28-year-old Yao was still recovering from a broken bone in his left foot when he played for Team China in August at the Beijing Olympics. It was the third time that Yao has represented China in the Olympic Games.