1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao/Tmac/Adelman, on of them needs to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Dec 10, 2007.

1. rfila

rfila Member

1) Tmac is one of the most talented players but he is also a very selfish player. I can live with Tmac not driving to the basket/not giving all his effort all the games because of his back problem. The real problem is his ego,his selfish play. I honestly beleive he is more selfish than Kobe,much more. Kobe wants to win the game, put winning above everything while Tmac wants more glory of the winning. For instance, so many times in the cluth Tmac is not looking for the best shot but the best chance of him being the clutch player. He would rather force a shot than give it to an open teammate and give the team a better chance. It may have something to do with his career's failure for such talented player. He wants to prove something badly. Unfortunately, it hurts his team. He is succeed in claiming this is his team, even someone like Steve is afraid of him. But he won't be a big playoff winner with that kind of team chemistry he is responsible for.

2)Adelman is a coach with good record. Regardless his system fits the current team or not, his coaching style just make the case worse. Tmac is just like a spoiled child doing whatever he wants(or doesn't want) without having to worry about the consequence.

3)Yao may be the best team player among all the star players. The last thing he wants to do is to cause conflict with any teammate yet he has his bottomline as a professional player. He is not dumb, he sees everything. And it seems to have reached his limitation of tolerance when he said "I knew something is wrong" or his towl throwing is more out of frustration of his teammates rather than the refs.

These three together will not give us a ring, no chance at all. At least one of them needs to go.

I am ready to take the flame and get down graded to Roockie.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

1. Even though T-mac is my favorite NBA player. I kinda understand what your sayin. Seems like everyone is affraid of him. So they don't try at all. And he'll try these ridiculously difficult shots when the game is on the line. He is one of the most unstoppable players in the league when it comes to gettin to the basket and also drawing a foul, why doesn't he do it. D-wade, Kobe, Lebron they all do it, but not Tracy, makes no sense.

2. Adelman has players who don't shoot very well, so I can't blame him cuz our players can't or won't at times shoot. But he has made some questionable calls.

3. Yao will never be traded.

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Only people who i would trade tracy for

Lebron
    Kobe
    Nash

Guys i would trade yao for
    Dwight Howard
    Duncan
    KG

McGrady is not selfish. he just had a bad shooting not. how can you be selfish and avge 6 assists. hes shot selection is the problem. hes one of the most unselfish superstars in the game.

4. rfila

rfila Member

I do not agree on this.

assists is a big part of the stats. I do not judge player's selfishness by his ratio of score/assists. With the Tmac's skill/role/number or touches, 6 assists does not say much.

unselfish means player put the team's interest above everything, which I do not see in Tmac's case. He is just too much of himsellf.

5. rfila

rfila Member

In fact, he is such a great player, shot selection should not be a problem at all. We all play some kind of games. When I am the best player in a game, I find easy to make selection. When I am the worst player I find difficult to make selection. Same with the pros.

He takes those bad shots because he wants to not because he has no better choice.

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Besides yesterday afternoons debacle, tracy has been a more then willing team player. have you seen how many open looks he creats for yao with those no look passes. have you see how regulary makes the extra pass.

It was he's unselfishness that cost us the jazz series. he was looking for one to many passes. even this year when he does have a open path to the basket, he still makes a very unselfish kickout pass to battier and alston or a handoff pass to hayes or yao.

Anyone who judges tracy to be selfish after the toronto game needs to have a look at themselves. ask any of the other fanss of the league, it's not that tracy is selfish, it's hes shot selection. tracy is widely regarded as one of the most unselfish supoerstars in the league.

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Besides the toronto game, everytime he has taken a load of shots has been because he's teammates fail to establish interior position or there just standing around looking at tracy expecting him to make something to happen. anyone who has watched any of those games can tell you that.

8. bbjai

bbjai Member

Personally i think your correct

Remember people saying we'd trade for Kobe. The guy puts up more ridiculous shots in clutch then T-mac. His not even the most clutch. If you look at the analysis by 82games the guy does not have the best clutch shots in the league (kobe that is) T-mac is more likely to pass to be honest

9. CNbennY

CNbennY Member

Everything is not so bad ,but i never heard so serious word from Yao.He worry about the team. Rocket team are not cooperate enough just as you see.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Since when did one game make you a selfish player? This is the same guy who got 10+ assist in a triple double a couple days ago. You guys are insane.

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Exactly....

12. awo86

awo86 Rookie

all i can say is :
    what are you smoking!!! :confused: \
    tmac is one of the best decision makers out there

i can agree with ur point on adelman though

13. luzhiling29

luzhiling29 Member

I agree !!!

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

This thread is a perfect example of why we need like a minimum 250 postcount before people can start threads.

15. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

honestly, you made a great point.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not a bad idea... but that postcount may be a touch high.

17. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

It's definitely not a bad idea. It's getting ridiculous around here.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sorry....you ain't no Balboa.

[​IMG]

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

ugh....DP. My bad.

20. kwng

kwng Member

I think it's the coach job to rectify what is observed as inappropriate during game play and develop a different game plan. So if Tmac start chucking and misses even though there is an open guy, the coach must highlight it and explain the problem during time out. He should draw out the last few play that show the flaw of such chucking and show a better game play to score.