1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao talks about the Lin and Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yao calls out McHale for not calling good defensive strategies, only to recommend we bring back Luis Scola. ROFL!

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

who is playing the i told you so game? I am not.

3. jocar

jocar Member

I knew it. Yao= prejudiced hater LOH/ABJ. Or maybe because China hates Taiwan? :confused:

The ones who got their panties twisted were probably more concerned with his "starter" label, braggin rights (stats), and his feelings. Who cares what's best for the team, if there are no stats to rub in the faces of these hordes (five to seven people) of Jeremy haters, amirite? Don't worry... as soon as his numbers start poppin as 6th man, they'll warm up to the idea, as there'll be plenty of pretty stats to spread around for peepee measuring contests against other players, and to help boost everyone's self esteem (including Lin's!) with.

And so it has begun! :grin:

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Yao has some very high basketball IQ.:)

5. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

There were a lot more than a mere "five to seven" Jeremy haters. If I recall correctly, there were at least 20 - 30 very loud, very hardcore haters, and an even more considerable number of doubters of his (Jeremy's) ability, including many 99'ers from this board. Jeremy Lin would not get a 6,400 post thread dedicated to him being "A Joke" if he had had only a handful of haters.

What I see now though, is that a lot of these haters have gone into hiding or are probably posting under different account names. Examples of folks we no longer see posting are: Dei, jose, Roxlove and Glenrice. Examples of folks who are still active on this board: King1, ijHolmes, Karolik.

In addition, many of his doubters are slowly being converted into semi-supporters, or at least, people sitting on the fence where Jeremy is concerned, as a result of his recent performances and improvement over the course of the season. Plenty of chaps who use to criticize Jeremy regularly (and at most times, unfairly) (Spiegal, Skyrim and Tinman are three prime examples) have recently been making more benign posts about him.

The Lin fans (I don't care about pure LOFs who do not support Rockets success) were not very happy with how his situation has been handled because there was, indeed, a lot of poor management and bad communication from the Rockets as far as Lin moving to the sixth man / bench role was concerned. Add to the fact that there was plenty of doubting and looking down upon of Jeremy's capabilities and potential, both by the Rockets coaches and by this board, and of course, there would be complaints from the people who view Lin as capable of reaching a higher level with the right guidance, trust and development.

As far as I am concerned, the Lin fan side of me has a "I told you so" hat put on - it is now clear that Jeremy is no chopped liver / incompetent guard, and that he is definitely starter material in this league. I still smile in amusement at all the allegedly "knowledgeable, credible" fans that immediately judged Jeremy Lin as mediocre (or even a complete failure) and determined he will have no future with the Rockets, or any other team in this league. You guys know who you are - your internet credentials aren't look very good right now, but hey, this being the internet, you guys don't really care right? *shrug* :grin:

The Rockets fan side of me would like to see, for one of the very few times in its history, a full Rockets grown star (I still consider Jeremy Lin as Rockets home-grown, since it is here that he got his first full season as a major cog in a team's plans), and one that will be the 3rd / 4th long-term centerpiece of the team (I have very high expectations that Parsons will be another homegrown star as well). I may not have followed the Rockets from the 1980s or from its championship days, but I have followed the Rockets for at least a decade and a half, and outside of Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Yao Ming (and maybe Scola), I cannot recall any other Rockets rookie / young player that has developed into a long-term significant player with the team. Other teams have had players who have played for the same team for almost their entire career (the Spurs big 3 is a beautiful example). I wish certain players would retire a Rocket - players that I can identify with for their excellent character, capability and realization of their potential. Yao was one of them (Mutombo was probably the other). I've always wanted Scola, Chuck and Battier to be career-long Rockets, but well, Morey had to do what he had to do.

Right now however, I hope that Jeremy is one of this new core to be a Rocket for the rest of his career. All the qualities that I have come to identify with the Rockets (grit, determination, scrappy playing, heart, overcoming obstacles, punching above their weight), I can see in him. And more importantly, he can be an example to the rest of the team - of someone who works to overcome his weaknesses, improves year after year, isn't a cancer or a headcase, puts team success first and foremost, and just helps make everyone around him better.

I mean, how can you NOT ROOT for this kind of guy? I'm absolutely gob-smacked that he is on my team!

3 people like this.
  6. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You guys are all beating down a straw man and you know it! I care about wins more than anything else and always have all my life. Just because you don't agree that starting Lin is beneficial to the team doesn't mean anyone you don't agree with are idiots. Stop being presumptuous.

7. hugo2000

hugo2000 Member

Yao should coach Rockets;)
    Rockets should resign Scola:grin::grin:

:cool:;)Les: go get it done Morey.
    ;)Morey: yes sir!

8. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Get your fcking politics outta here. Yao is a ROCKETS only fan and everyone knows it.

9. Yellow

Yellow Member

Yao knows better than McHale, Yao for Rockets coach!

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

very well said.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, I didn't know Yao was a LOH and a racist!

;)

12. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

You're too informed. Jeremy Lin is AMERICAN & not from Asia.

13. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Great post

14. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Lmfao

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

agreeing that Lin best serves the current Rockets team as sixth man <> not rooting for him

16. Supermaruchi

Supermaruchi Member

Omg lol

17. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Would rep if I could

18. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Ahaha idk why but this made me lose it.

19. joe101

joe101 Member

Elitists are far from real.

20. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

haha, the good old time!! Thanks for sharing!!

Hope DHoward learns more from Hakeem so history can repeat ....