1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao talks about the Lin and Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Nov 14, 2013.

1. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

That they can't find any no matter how hard they try.

2. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Yao was also clearly saying that Beverley is the inferior point guard to Lin.

I still have a big hearty laugh once in a while at various Clutchfans posters who said Beverley OUTPLAYED Lin in the PRESEASON! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  3. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Yao's straight up. Love that. Yao for player-coach!! Get it done, Moree!

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

I was around most of the preseason Beverley/Lin debates. And I can't for the life of me remember non-trolls making a legit argument that Beverley was the better player. Many thought he was the better STARTER, but fans weren't saying he was the better player.

Everyone was excited for Lin's potential after preseason. But that had absolutely nothing to do with the starter/6th man discussion. If anything, people were comparing Lin to having Manu's role. And I'm quite certain no one actually believes Manu was inferior to the starting PG over the years in SA.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Definately saw people with alot of green saying that Lin was outplayed in the preseason and hence lost his starting job.

1 person likes this.
  6. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

No. In the original interview in Chinese, Yao implied Bev plays better D and thus is simply the better fit for the starting lineup than Lin. And that Lin coming off the bench does the team the most good.

Yao Ming is too classy to say explicitly which player is inferior to another player. He finds gold in both, and always thinks for the team.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

before LOFs start calling Yao an LOH

you all have to remember, Yao is a true ROF

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V5tV9LKFJWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

Like Yao said. Free throw is practice and mental. I think Dwight has the practice part but the mentality isn't always there. He was clutch tonight against the Knicks though.

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Nah, just him and a few other critters.

10. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Oh great, so you expect Yao would play with veteran minimum. :rolleyes: Anyway, why would you want to have Yao and Howard on the team together? Twin tower version 3? If Howard and Asik doesn't work, why in the world would you think Yao and Howard would work?

11. MMBB

MMBB Contributing Member

I watched the interview, Chinese is my first language. Yao explicitly said : Lin can make other players better, but PB can't. Therefore, lin could do a good job either as a starter or coming off bench, but PB could only fit into starters group, because he is lack of the ability to lead the bench players. Yao didn't mention about defensive ability AT ALL.

1 person likes this.
  12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I think you mean SG, their starting PG, Tony Parker is kinda good. On Manu though, do people remember when Battier asked to come off the bench to guard him?

13. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

The world's first TRIPLE TOWERS!!! (of doom). Yao at C, Asik at PF, Dwight at SF, Harden at SG, Lin Pg. Yao should also be player-coach!

14. New

Yao can shoot and has a very good hand catching the ball. And also good luck with back-a-Yao...

Asik and Yao are not on the same level when it comes to offense. I will take healthy Yao and Howard all day everyday.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Nope. People said Lin lost his starting job cause he was outplayed by Bev although Lin still played very well in preseason. I remember that vividly.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yao is never playing again. I'm sure he'd much rather be able to walk for the rest of his life than go all in and risk another catastrophic fracture at his size..

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

I guess I must've read the wrong posts. I remembered it being about fit and how the starters were better +/- wise with Beverley. The last Memphis game was quite amazing display of Beverley with the twin towers.

Anyway, not worth going back and look through them. And I believe once Beverley gets healthy again he'll truly be what Yao said as a complimentary piece as a starter.

1 person likes this.
  18. steady

steady Member

Yep, there were posts saying Bev had outplayed Lin in the preseason, and by respected folks on the board too.

1 person likes this.
  19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

yep.. not to mention Yao is overweight now

20. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Bev played quite well in the preseason.

No need to play the whole "I told you so" game. :rolleyes: