1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YAO SIGHTING AT HIS HOUSE! (Pics included)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by randomdude, Mar 16, 2007.

1. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

nothing really. you've been around this board long enough and i like your basketball analysis enough. although i think you should step away from the blue caps and silk shirts.

2. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

When I and other Chinese came to Canada/US, we put our family names after given names following the English convention just to avoid any confusions. I never heard of any government forcing people to write their names in a certain way, Asia or America, China or Canada. It's cultural convention, just like most women use their husbands' family name after they get married while some don't. And Japan doesn't count.

Yao's case is special. Team Yao (or NBA, whoever) decided to keep Yao's name to be the same as it is in China simply because the hundreds of millions Chinese fans call him Yao Ming and it would sound very weird when they hear their hero is called Ming Yao on TV. For example, I feel very comfortable when I hear "Yao Ming! Yao Ming!" in TC instead of "Ming Yao! Ming Yao!".

Actually, it's probably more about the business but anyway you see the point. On the other hand, nobody knew Yao before he came here and no matter how you call him here it's an Chinese name to most Americans anyway. It's a smart move.

3. JLB

JLB Member

I for one would have had a beat down session at my house, if you guys would have followed me home. It reflects the inner person in you guys. Yao deserves his privacy at his home and in his car. There is a time and a place, and you guys were not close on the time nor the place.

I haven't seen but one racist comment, and that one was borderline. Now days so many people are pulling the racist card on just about anything you say. Dang people are so whiny these days, grow up and get a back bone, be proud of who you are, we are not all the same when it comes to culture. We are not all the same color, color is not invisible, nor should it ever be. It's who we are, not what we should hide from. Just because someone says there Indian, or Pakistani doesn't mean they're races. If you were to call me a white guy I wouldn't say your racist, your stating the obvious. If you said I was a hamburger, hotdog muncher, I wouldn't think that's racist, it's true. It's no secret different ethnic groups eat certain foods. Racist comments, actions, etc. have no place in the world, and neither does using the racist card when it doesn't apply. :mad:

Just so you guys know, you can remove to cylinders from functioning. It's all done by the ODBII computer. No you can't have them taken out of an 8 cylinder car and have it still run for long, however you can stop two cylinders from having fuel and spark to them. However I too believe the story is crap, cause 6 cylinders can still push that car well over the speed limit. :cool:

4. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

I agree here. It seems that the only racism that is acceptable these days is against white-anglo-saxon-protestant males.....and we shall all drink a toast to all the white liberals for pussying down the Western Man.

And welcome back, blazer_ben.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

somebody said Indian first......they're pakistani

if you were chinese and those kids were vietnamese.....and somebody called them chinese, you'd probably take offense...

6. garzacool

garzacool Member

!!! h ow could somebody do this! :mad: :eek: what a disgrace to china@ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

Wow, this thread is never going to end :eek:

8. garzacool

garzacool Member

yes? but i agree random dude NEVER haz apologized?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. Cur7is

Cur7is Member

I'm not anti-Asian beauty. I'm Asian! I'm anti-objectifying Asian women, and objectifying women in general :rolleyes:

Man...this thread does need to die.

10. declan32001

declan32001 Member

If I thought that this post made any sense my head would explode.