1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao & Rox, Get Ready to FIGHT!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, May 7, 2009.

1. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

The Fakers apparently want a war, let's give it to'em.

Basically I am so far still proud of this team's playoff performance. They played with great heart and showed they are a very resilient team.

What I don't like to see is the the 4th Q of last game, when Yao and co seemed flustered and fumbled the ball all over. They looked intimidated by Faker's dirty play. It's like they played dirty, they beat up Rox players, they won the game and have Rox player intimidated.

As the team's leader and the biggest man on court, I really want to see a "Red Yao". I am not saying Yao should go brawl, but I really want to see Yao foul someone hard, since Yao are going to get fouls anyway. Attack with Authority, if it's going to be an offensive foul, let the person who guard you remember the bone crashing feeling from your shoulder. If Kobe is attaching the rim, Yao should either raise hand straight up, or take him down with authority, let him remember the feeling of being thrown into the ground. It's time to be MEAN, since Fakers are sure being dirty.

If any Fakers acting like they want a piece of somebody on Rox, Yao should stand up and act like a 300 pound protector. I can see this happening in this Series.

2. Mr. Space City

as kenny smith said, yao is a humble guy so what do you do? you setup a bunch of pitbulls around him. yao is not a dirty player so he will not resort to playing as such so let yao play his game and let the pitbulls around him do the "physical" play

3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I couldn't disagree more.

The Rockets didn't hold their composure in Game 2 just so they could lose it in Game 3. The Lakers had to resort to those tactics to keep from getting steamrolled. They won't get away with that again, and if the Rockets make their statements with intensity of their play, and not by retaliation, we will be much better off.

Yao may be the focal point of the franchise, but he is not exactly the vocal leader. I find it hard to imagine him being the one to make a statement physically, and if he did it would cost us our elite big man. Bad mistake.

Stick to our game, don't back down, and win this in 6. Retaliate, show that they got to us, and lose in 7. Just my opinion.

4. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I agree with most of what you said. However last night in the 4th Q Yao already had 5 fouls, you want him committed another one and fouled out?

5. ThaShark316_28

Pretty much...stick to your guns. The home crowd is going to be fuel enough...if LA want to be dirty, fine...but don't stoop to their level...

6. guangzu

guangzu Member

I miss Mutombo!

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hopefully he is teaching Dorsey the ancient art of flying elbows, in their down times. :D

8. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

unfortunately charles is right, shaq too, you, as a big man, need to send a message to those trying to challenge you and put someone on their butt

9. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

It won't be pretty if Yao gets bullied considering he is 300 pounds and 7'6". Remember Desman Mason? Yao needs to be mean when it matters. Play with some fire.

10. rocketsmetalspd

Yao did mentioned last night in his post game interview that the team will fight back. I believe that is as good as it gets coming from Yao. The team will not back down I am hoping the Lakers play will produce two blowout wins at home.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I disagree. What the Rockets did in the last game was beautiful. They kept their composure and forced the Lakers to initiate everything. They still played tough, hard nosed basketball, but they didn't throw in any extra activity... like talking trash or throwing elbows.

We all know the league is about to crack down on this series. There is absolutely no way they let another game like that happen again. The Lakers thrive on trash talking. They thrive on dirty plays. They expect to get under their opponents skin and make them flustered. Unfortunately, our guys got a little flustered in the 4th quarter and we lost the game.

Now it's time to head home, regroup, and go back to work.

12. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

the rox need to stay clam and compose much as possible and let the ref(although some of them suck) deal with it.

13. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

We don't need to retaliate. That's what the Lakers want. As Ron said in the post-game interview, we're not that kind of team. We don't initiate and throw cheap shots. We're above that *****.

Stick to the game plan, move the ball, limit the turnovers, try to involve Yao Ming, and stick a hard in Kobe's grill.

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i really would like what dorsey can do next year if we still have him by then, he is a big guy that can rebound and block.