1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao, Rockets until retirement?????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Champ06, Feb 20, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If trading Yao makes the team better then so be it.

DD

2. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

Les wont let yao go. Just look at how much money this franchise worth before 02, and how much it worth right now. I see yao owning piece of this franchise in the future. And he will retire over here.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

First off, at least get it straight. If tracy wouldve played along, he wouldve been offered contract and i didnt guarantee anything. The idea about the yao led rockets is you're assuming yao is on the same level as a then nash or duncan which he isnt. Thats not to say yao isnt a good player, but i betting lopez is going to be a better player in 2 yrs along with the rest of the young core vs a salary cap eating oft injured big like yao. Hell, he might already be as good as yao and hes much, much younger. So why arent we talking about the future getting a 21 yr old like lopez for a 30 yr old like yao? Now if u can get bosh to go along with yao, i might be inclined to keep him, but thats not a sure thing. So what we will be looking at are the lakers led by kobe,gasol, and a ever improving bynum for at least 3 yrs. How productive do u think yao will be then vs brook lopez?

4. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Lopez is better for the Rocket's future. Given the age difference and Yao's injury history, that would be a no brainer. Statistically, he already has the edge over Yao.

Yao's impact is beyond numbers though, he's a big presence on both ends of the court, and the Rockets are a top 5 defensive team when he's is playing.

If and that's a big if, Yao can stay healthy, he could still be productive and have an impact to the game.

Now...if the Rockets decided to trade Yao for Lopez, I would be all for it. As, that would be the best move for the Rocket's future.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing what Yao has left in the tank for a few more years.