1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao, please stand up and lead this team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zzphilipjulia, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

T-Mac sucks. I don't wanna say anything more about him.
    But Yao should lead this team to win some games like last year. Before Yao's injury last year, Rockets won 10 games almost without T-Mac. Yao gets the second highest salary in this team. It is also his responsibility to lead this team to a win tonight. Artest is also in his injury now, and we can not ask more from him.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, I have wanted him to stand up for years, as it is clear that Grady is not a capable leader.

I think Yao is a wait your turn kind of guy, but it is his time now.

Just do it....please.

DD

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao needs to do it, but honestly I would really be suprised...

Ron on the other hand...

4. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

I don't think Yao can lead this team to a champion. He has his weakness. But right now, we need him to lead this team.

Why T-mac need more setup play and more shots? Ridiculous! He only shoots like 20% and he always pass an 3-point shoot opportunity when he is open.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

I love Yao but he doesn't have what it takes to lead this team. His personality/culture won't allow him to do it.

6. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

Bad Idea. Yao Ming cannot lead this team, not because he isn't a good leader. He lead the Chinese Team. But last season, when Yao tried to lead by criticizing the team, it was reported that many in the locker room did not appreciate Yao's comment. Do you remember? And this led T-Mac to infamously threaten Yao by saying "I will ISO you."

I doubt that Yao Ming can lead an American team. They simply are not willing to be led by a Chinese player, even one who is eminently and naturally qualified to lead this team.

If Yao were to again lead publically, and remonstrate this team, you'd have more locker problems. Players like T-Mac, Landry, Brooks, Head, and others would not appreciate Yao's criticism.

Yao cannot lead an American team because there is too much inherent racism. Sad but true.

Yao can't even get the officials to treat him fairly. No way Yao is going to lead an American team.

7. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

I agree. But I still think Rockets can beat wizzard at home and Raptors at their court without T-Mac. All the rockets players need to play harder tonight.

8. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

This is a misunderstanding on your part. Yao Ming has the personality to lead. He leads very well on his Chinese CBA team.

It's not Yao Ming that's the problem. It's his teammate. Like it or not, American players just cannot accept the idea of a Chinese leader.

9. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

Yao Ming's soft personality is what holding him back from being a leader. He can't and won't lead an NBA team, EVER. He's a good center and it's just that nothing more.

10. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    You are the most ignorant poster I have seen in a while.
    <br>
    If this isn't a blatant attempt at racism, I don't know what is...

12. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

I agree with you 100% that guy is obviously a racist in disguise.

13. Landlord Landry

Yao doesn't have what it takes to be a leader. period. he's rarely had that killer instinct, demanded the ball and just totally dominated in the clutch, by NBA defenitions, that would be a leader. If he hasn't taken that role in his 7th NBA season, I'm afraid he never will.

but ironically, I agree with this thread, even if it isn't Yao, SOMEBODY! step up. I don't even care if it's Head.....

14. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

Wrong. You guys are misunderstanding Yao Ming. He has the personality to lead. Just watch his personaltiy with the CBA team. It's his fellow teammates that do not allow Yao Ming to lead.

15. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

What's up T-Mac. Good to see you here ;) .

If Yao don't lead his team now, would you play a little bit harder today? I guess it is warming up time now. Why are you still here? Oh, I forget that you only play one game on a b2b.

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Leading a CBA team is a joke. Bonzi Wells can lead a CBA team.

17. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

What did I say that is racist?

18. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

LMAO QFT

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

To refute your point:
    <br>
    Dirk Nowitzki is a German, and the leader of the Mavs
    Tony Parker is French, and the leader of the Spurs
    <br>
    and of course,
    Hakeem is a Nigerian, and was the leader of the Rockets

20. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

What does the Quality of a league have to do with Leadership skills huh?

You guys have low IQ. It's plainly obvious.

Leadership skills is Leadership skills. Basketball skills is basketball skills.

These are two separate things.

Yao Ming is a fine leader. He demonstrated strong leadership skills with his CBA team.

But Yao is not a dumb guy. He knows that if he tried to lead here in the NBA, his teammates would be upset.

What I said is not racism at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.