1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao of 06?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dfwrox, Aug 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. user

user Member

"I wish I knew how to quit you"

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I have a more valid prediction than yours, but your intuition is probably closer to correct than my method.

Yao will score 31.5 and 12 reb in 28min/game with 1.2 assts and 7.5 bpg.

It's from a video game, but it's got more basis than what is in your head.

Tracy goes for 32.4 and Battier goes for 29.9ppg. Yeah, it's ridiculous, but so is guessing his production next year.

What is interesting and more valid than both is this:

Yao: 13.5 --> 17.5 --> 18.3 --> 22.3 --> ???

YReb: 8.2 --> 9.0 --> 8.4 --> 10.2 --> ???

The pattern says 23.1 points per game and ~9.8 rebounds per game. The good news about that pattern is that if Yao breaks the pattern, it probably will be for the better. Can't wait to find out.

Tracy's pattern looks interesting. Up, up, up, down, up, down, down, down, ??? My guess would be up, but not way up. Up would be between 25-28. Rebounds look pretty consistent. We could expect 26, 6, 5 from Tracy. Shane is a rock, you can expect his numbers to be consistent based on minutes played. Give him 40 minutes, he'll be 14,6 and 3. Give him 24 minutes and he'll be 8.5, 3.8 and 1.9.

The guys that have no pattern and ones coming off injuries will be the real story about the season. These guys will make or break us. (Snyder, Head, Vasilis, JL3, Novak, Dikembe, Sura, Hayes) Not our consistent performers. (injuries don't count when you work with averages)

3. johnkamla

johnkamla Contributing Member

26 ppg is pretty darn good against high intensity competition and defenses that are swarming him even more than they do in the NBA. Yao has definitely turned the corner and is not going back. 22/10 is a shoo-in. How much better than that depends how he blends with his team-mates. He's certainly been an unstoppable force in the WC's leading in both scoring and efficiency.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I've got a better one for you. Zydrunus Illgaukas (don't know how to spell his name) averages 26 points and 12 rebounds in the 06-07 season and is named Finals MVP after Cleveland wins the NBA championship.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forget the WC.Look at the second half of last year.
    "a true monster".......27 and 14

6. kwsword

kwsword New Member

that means "where are you" . I am a roockie here, but see that pryuen should be among big fans of Yao Ming. He seems to be familiar with Chinese. He 've translated some many Chinese articles written by Sina.com reporters.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

If the Yao Ming of late last season returns, he is essentially "unstopable." He is the Ming we have all waited for, sometimes not so patiently. Nevertheless, perhaps Ming has "arrived." If this is true and he doesn't return to his old passive ways, the league is in for a rough ride, especially if TMac comes completely back to his All-World form. The role players are the key to a playoffs run, but Ming and TMac hitting on all cylinders are enough to wreck havoc on a nightly basis. Battier thrown into the mix makes it even more interesting. A timely "three" can turn a game around. I wish we had better role players, because, then, this team could contend.

8. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Yao is in the verge to be an MVP type of player this coming season. Not to mention, the US team coach and players were complimenting Yao for being Yao as a player on this magnitude. He will be a major treat in the NBA. :mad:

9. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I don't care if he averages 5 points a game as long as we make it to the playoffs.

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I know some of you won't like this , yet others will know exactly what I am talking about. All this speculation [ honest feelings and hopes ] is subject to several important factors that must change in the offence of the Rockets. Yao Ming should be the focus, and the guards should have the desire to pass to an open Yao Ming, when ever they are given the chance, also others must cut down on taking low percentage shots and play the team game. :p

11. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

There is no way a losing team can produce a MVP, no matter how good his numbers are, and we are lucky that Yao knows that much better than anyone.

12. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

Is there anyone in their right mind thinks Rox can make to the playoff with Yao average 5 points? :confused:

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Is that a smilie-typo? If it's not a smilie-typo and you are angry about Yao being the MVP type, why? That's a good thing, last time I checked.

14. AlexZhao

AlexZhao Member

winning is everthing!
    20-25pts,10reb or more,2 blks per game for Yao is okay I think,
    I saw a stat. of T-MAC,I think he should decrease throw frequency
    and rise hit rate in the comming season :D

15. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Yao current stat at World Championship. PPG 28.4 at 61.4%; RPG 9.2; BPG 2.4. Yao played at an average of 32.8 minutes.

So what can we gather from the info above. I supposed Yao should average 35 minutes per game this coming season, so I figure that PPG 25; RPG 11 and BPG 2 is achievable by Yao since he is not really 100% when playing in WC games. GO Rockets!

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

All we'd require is McGrady to average 90. ;)

17. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

Man... I really just wanted to post a simple question -- is Yao's performance in the World Championship a glimpse of what's coming next season?

No one wanted to answer me. :( Oh well, I guess you just indirectly implied the answer is Yes. :D :D

18. Chuan

Chuan Member

He will get 10bpg in 35-40 minutes then..average a triple double. MVP for sure. :)

19. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Van Gundy surmised my concerns about Yao's (foot) health in the following:

“I think the bigger concern is he’s had a lot of problems with his left foot, and (big players) with foot problems are a concern,” he said. “He had the ankle surgery on his left foot, the toe surgery on his left foot, now he’s broken it. He broke it earlier when he was 19. So to me that’s the bigger concern and that’s why it’s imperative that he stays in great shape and keeps his weight down throughout his career, to lessen the opportunities to place undue stress on his feet.

“I’m not saying any one (injury) has anything to do with the other. But foot problems on big guys are especially — looking at the history of the NBA — are problematic. You don’t want to turn around one day and be looking at a Bill Walton.”

I hope Yao can stay healthy foot, ankle, knee wise........heck his back too.......everything :mad: :eek: :D

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

LOL, JVG gets his slam in on Big Bill.