1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao needs to get mean

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by feishen, Mar 20, 2003.

1. feishen

feishen Member

The problem with this team right now is the veteran players like to ignore Yao and take ill-advised shots to prove that they can carry the team. Yao has too much respect to everybody. He needs to step up and let everybody that he is the guy that can carry this team with Steve. I notice after every bad play he had, he sort of tend to let the others take the offense. No, he needs to keep calling for the ball, and also let the others know how to support him!!!!
    Also I didnt like that Yao had so much respect to Sabonis last night. Sabonis is Yao's idol, but Yao needs to show that he can beat him. Yao just played not aggressive enough when Sabonis was on, and the old fellow also like to show Yao what he still has. Yao needs to get meaner from now on, a lot meaner. I missed the Ming showed up in YaovsShaq part I.

2. bobododo

bobododo Member

Yao also needs to stop being lazy and run his arse back up court. Stop getting dunked on, play more physical, dunk more, rebound better, turnover less, etc. Damm he needs a lot of improvement!

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

yea!!! stop playing like a damn rookie!!!

oh...wait a minute...

4. Iceberger

Iceberger Member

what exactly do you want from him? He's a rookie, and he's leaning how to play nba basketball at an amazing speed as far as i'm concerned. The problem is that, at least that's what i think, the Rockets really have no idea how to utilize Yao more effectively. Think about it, How good would Yao be if he was playing for The Blazers, the Kings, where there are full of high quality guards who know how to play with big men inside.

5. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

I am tired of this ****, Yao Ming should be scoring at least 55 points a game.
    damn you yao.

6. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

How can he when three people are pushing and holding and hackin at him?!?

7. bobododo

bobododo Member

"he's a rookie, he makes rookie mistakes"

You guys are just too overprotecting of Yao. If he does good then you're all happy and hyped up. But when he sucks, its excuses such as he's just rookie or his teammates suck. Yao can do no wrong.

8. feishen

feishen Member

I think Rudy has been patient enough with Yao. I dont know if Yao could get the PT he's getting in Houston, if he played for Kings or Blazers. I just felt Ming is too nice, not selfish enough. I read somewhere mentioning Yao was always too shy to be the one that stands out in his class while he was in school. This personal trait could prevent him from getting to higer level, a level that seperates him from other good NBA players.

9. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Yao needs to learn how to conserve his energy and cut out all that cheering crap out he does for his teammates during his designated 20 minutes of bench time. instead he should take two 10 minute power naps. It looks like he really wants to with the way he rest his chin in his hand after that 7, 8, 9, 10 minute mark of rest time, but right before he starts to really doze off, there is Francis who shouts "AND ONE!". That usually startles Yao and then he imitates his bro Boki and starts cheering and wasting a lot of energy cause he wants to be supportive bench warmer.

10. feishen

feishen Member

:D :D
    Power nap does wonder. Yeah, what's up with that "And one" shout from Steve. Nobody fouled him on that play.

11. Yun

Yun Member

Yeah! Yao did everything wrong!
    Please TRADE him away!:rolleyes:

12. Yun

Yun Member

Why we are at it please trade Francis too.
    Oh! wait please trade the whole team except Cuttino.

He is the rocket's star. ;)

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I think Yao is getting better game by game...

There was an article back, can't remember, but it was on Dunleavy on being a rook...It basically said he had to un-learn the team concept and be more me, which translates to aggressiveness...

I think Yao has been taught team basketball all of his life and that's why he's willing to pass the ball rather than shoot at times...

If he stays hear this summer, I would hope Moses would get him on the right track...

14. feishen

feishen Member

:D :D :D :D
    Man, you are on dope. Third stage of Mad Yao disease.

15. Yun

Yun Member

Haha...
    I think that I am at the advance stage of "mad at the rocket" disease.
    I am at the stage of excepting that the disease cannot be cure so why don't aggravate it a bit more.

At least one person will be happy, Cuttino!!! Our beloved and only star!!!

:rolleyes:

16. feishen

feishen Member

Junior, when I was dissing Cat on this board, you might havent been a Rox fan. Ask SageHare who's the #1 in his list of "Most offensive Yao only fan" .
    There is biatching and there is critisim with good intension, read it carefully.

17. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

I wouldn't blame him for being dunked on. In fact I wouldn't blame him about anything after all he's still a rookie and he has done more than expected. I thought Yao's willingness not to give up protecting the basket no matter what is pure heart and admirable. How many guys in this league man enough to sacrifice what Yao does for his team's bottom line or to cover for his teammate's dumb mistakes even if he's risked of getting posterized? Shaq may be the the strongest and the biggest bully but I don't think he has Yao Ming's heart.

It's hard to understand, how our guards have the speed and athleticism to cross over and beat almost anyone to the basket, yet they have been consistently allowed by most of the no named opponents to beat them to the basket and leave Yao in a tough situation to defense 2 guys at once. Yao wouldn't get dunked on as much if the guards rotate to Yao's man right away after Yao has no choice but to leave his man to cover the penetration.

Believe me nobody is happy of getting into this type of defensive situation for too many times, becuase in pro league you either get beaten by a layup, a dunk or a foul 9 out of 10 times. Yao knows he's a rookie and he understands it's no place for him to speak now, but once Yao's no longer a rookie and he no longer feel disrespectful to speak up with the "vet". He will let everyone knows about his displeasures and the corrections that need to be made in this team. For now he just have to shut his mouth and play basketball and getting through this season.

18. Yun

Yun Member

I have no problem with your criticism. Please do not misunderstand me, senior.

;)

I am b****ing because I have a severe "mad at the rocket" disease now. It is so painful that I want it to be over with by having Cuttino as the only rocket's star. :mad: :rolleyes:

Actually, do not even paying attention to my rant. There is no material in it, just the b****ing, really. :D :D

19. feishen

feishen Member

I think Yao is a bit slow in reacting, which reflects in tip-off, rebounding and getting dunked on. I wonder if there is a way he could improve his relexes. Hakeem is the man in that regard. Also Ming shouldnt care wheter he gets poterized or a facial. There is nothing wrong if he gets dunked on while he's standing to defend the last line.
    When the season is on the line and the team is diverting into a wrong direction, Ming needs to step up to take it to the right direction. He is the one of the two all-stars on this team. It's an opptunity for him to show he is more than a "rookie"

20. lynxsen

lynxsen Member

Don't do it now, Yao.

Do you know what I had gone through after 'stepping up' and criticizing senior members in this BBS? Just Kidding...:D

We can wait 'til next year. Let's Rudy take care the business. He will trade Mobley and fire Mr. Mean.