1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao needs...everyone to chill, it was just one off game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EssTooKayTD, Nov 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. eggm0nster

eggm0nster Member

I think Yao is Yao and will always be Yao. People need to understand that he is one of the top 5 centers in the league as of today and we have yet to see another center as tall as him play at his level. We already know what Yao is capable of, but seriously, after the 3rd or 4th season, you can't really expect much more than what he has to offer. What makes you think that all of a sudden, tomorrow or the next day, Yao will be playing like Dwight Howard. Ok with the exception of going against Kaman, haha. In my opinion, he's pretty darn consistent, we just need the entire team to step it up. I feel like we need to play off Yao to get the offense going. RA offense just doesn't seem right to me... Where's Rudy T!!!

2. ibm

ibm Member

good points, again.

but ron ron wasn't really rolling last night, either. and adelman has said he does realize all of our big 3 are good at posting people up. how to deal with it and use it to our advantage is up to adelman. this team is not gonna be the kings. adelman needs some adjustments in his philosophy, too.

3. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Actually the rockets need a better PG...I like Skip but this isnt the right team for him. When he was with the raptors he was killing now he passes the ball stays in that spot gets the ball back and clank misses mostly everything he puts up :(

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sure it was just one game, but man he can be pretty damn embarrassing at times.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svsHlH-IvbY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/svsHlH-IvbY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Go Rockets.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yep, AB is so much better now imo. Especially since he can actually shoot the ball, Rafer seems so hesitant to shoot now because of his inability to make a shot. Teams stay off him, like they do Hayes.

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

It was the way he punked out that concerned me. Yao literally gave up down the stretch. The 2 missed dunks were absolute, Shawn Bradley ess.

I hope this doesn't become a habit as more team learn to front Yao. It is quite easy to stop people from fronting him. Have him come out and set a screen or have one of the guards set a back screen on Yao's man and have him role opposite side. Ala John Stockton.

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

One regular season game. That's all I keep reading. Did everyone forget how tightly contested the Western conference will be? How important that seeding in the first round is? To me all of these wins and losses are crucial in that respect.

The loss isn't all on Yao, that's for sure, but his last two games and the missed dunks are a real concern until he shows he is fully recovered. It seemed to me like Yao might have been better served to have played a little less already to this point in the season. We can't afford to have him playing at half-speed because it invites foul trouble early and self-stuffing dunks late in games, not to mention additional injury. I hope he is back to 100%, but my suspicion is that's not the case and a contributing factor into what we've seen so far.

8. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Yes, it is just one game but getting rim-blocked twice in one game concerns me.

Is Yao hurt? Let's pray he is OK. Otherwise, this is going to be another season of disappointment.

Is Yao just tired? Let's hope not. This is only the 4th game of this young season.

I am ready to move on but if Yao gets rim-blocked again in Portland, I am ready to trade the big liability. ;)

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

All I want is Yao to own up to any nagging injury; if there is something wrong, let the public know. TMac does! That is what concerns me. He had no, zero, nada lift last night, like a zero vertical, like not leave the floor, at all. Something is wrong with that.

10. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Exactly. Yao, if you are reading this forum, please do try to ride through another toe or foot injury. No more surprises, Team Yao.

11. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Oops, I mean, DO NOT try to ride through another toe or foot injury.

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

exactly... to me Yao, last night, uncharacteristically exhibited two poor behavioral failings.. laziness (find it hard to believe he's suffering from fatigue 4 games into the season) and a defeatist attitude..

13. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

go take a reading-comprehension course, kid.. read over my sentence again, think about it, analyze the words, get back to me..

um, yeah, it is frequently.. it's not like he's been perfect and this is his first bad game ever.. he has a bad game every 4 to 5 games, you know, the good ol' 5 turnovers 3 shots blocked nights, the nights where the guy he's defending goes off and dunks on him every other play, yes, I'd definitely call that "frequent".. and yes, he destroyed our chances of winning.. we could've had Rafer take the 9 shots that Yao missed, and if u do the math he would've at least made 2 of them, which essentially means that we would've won the game..

are you suggesting that I might cause Adelman AIDS? omg!

and yes, when he's missing dunks and playing like a little girl out there, he's just downright embarrassing himself and our team, so it's of the best interest to pull him out you genius..

14. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I don't think Yao is ever lazy and being lazy is rarely the result of fatique. That's why I am concerned that Yao is hiding another injury.

15. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Yao has a history of gutting it for the team so I hope that Keith Jones and the coaching staff are keeping an open line of communication with him because solid is right, his vertical leap is worse than normal. He's stuffed himself at the rim the last past three games. I just hope that it's nothing more than the normal process from his recovery and that it will get better as the season moves along.

#35 rocketsregle, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Trade him

17. Hmm

Hmm Member

which is why I suspected laziness.. however hard it may be to believe, being the work horse he's always been, it's possible.. in game.. if he mentally surrendered.. to the frustrating trifecta of fronting defenses, restricting refereeing, and getting blocked..

and if he's managed to hide an injury from the strict supervision that should've been imposed by the rockets' staff after all the seasons that have suffered from Yao's injuries.. then said staff should be fired..

and other roster possibilities should be explored.. to extricate the team of the burdening dependance on said injury plagued player..

18. joesr

joesr Member

they were defended well.

My question is was IT Yao's decision to not come out and guard Perkins or RA's?

19. joesr

joesr Member

Another point. Yao is said to be not doing practice's to limit PT. (which imo is the stupidest ideal ever RA)

But overall could this be effecting his game play? His fatigue? His making shots?

20. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

And we already saw the outcome of Yao's gutting it out last season.

I just hope that Yao has learned his lesson.

Is the sky falling yet.....