1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao named Western Conference Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketabc, Apr 2, 2007.

1. tsunami

tsunami Member

Congrats to both of them.
    And so YOFs and TOFs, yall pls STFU.

2. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I don't like you.

3. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Yeah, but Kobe lost to Yao's team :D

4. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

C'mon, guys, i know there is a lot of frustration with the loss to Utah. But remember this is the player of the week recognition, not team of the week.
    ;) ;)

5. SonKhan

SonKhan Member

Awesome! so well deserved!

I hate that we lost to the Jazz but after seeing how hard Yao worked during his rehabilitation it is great to see him getting this award as most never thought this would be a possibility for the remainder of the season. (this season at least).

6. 2rings

2rings Member

Third week back from a significant injury and he's player of the week. The big guy has really turned into a great player. We just need both of our stars to play like stars all during the playoffs now.

7. bluepart

bluepart Member

Why this forum has this kind of people? Your're not a Rockets' fan. A Rocket fan will be happy if ANY of the player will get some kind of reward. Obvious you're only TOF, jealous about Yao's success.

8. jlwee

jlwee Member

The problem with yao is, if he played well, he will does well across the stats, like good FG%, double digits rebounds, blocks alot of shots, aggressive thus more FTA! When he played horrible, his whole games sucked! Poor FG%, 5-7rebounds, blocks zero shots, turnovers, foul troubles.....

He seldom has 10points 17rebounds, 14points 15points 5blocks kind of games. Is all mental, if yao is not shootin good to start or foul troubles early i think it get into his mind and thinkin too much thus affect his performances.

I think this is something yao really has to improve to go to next level and bring the rockets to more victories!

9. theodd

theodd Member

Man, what are you talking about?

10. demon77

demon77 Member

don't get how that gotta do with the thread other then to down grade the award,

When yao play bad, is not all mental, you gotta give the other team credit too you know. The opponent aren't gotta let someone like yao just run all over them every single time (you'll notice when he is guarded 1 on 1, he is practically unstoppable). Yao is ALWAYS improving, is T-Mac and the other that gotta improve. Maybe practice more FT? or 3pt?

11. BallBoy

BallBoy Member

Congrats to Yao. He's totally deserved the honor. Can't wait for the payoff to start to seeing him winning series after series and bringing the Rox back to the glory days. :)

12. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

I'd rather take a POW award and no win then no POW award and no win.

Congrats Yao :)

13. metalshred

metalshred Member

Yao deserves it. But he can definitely be better, cuz he's got time.

14. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

Yao will be FINAL MVP in 2007!! :D

15. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

Yao won it over Kobe's amazing scoring outburst?? that really means something. Grats to Yao. :cool:

16. YaoYoYao

YaoYoYao Member

Congratulations to Yao! I am really happy for him since I am a big Yao fan ...

But didn't Kobe just a unbelievable week scoring 50+ almost every game?

What gives?

17. benum

benum Member

I have a more realistic goal for him: NOT SUCK!

18. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Just found this short video of Ahmad congratulating Yao on NBA.com. I tried to find it on youtube so I could embed it instead but couldn't.

"Tell Patrick I said 'Hi.'"