1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Yao Ming: The Season is 1/4 Over; We have No Time To Waste

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Dec 10, 2007.

1. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

The end result is a 500 team with no direction.

2. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Yep. A 500 team with no direction and a coaching staff that just sits there when their team needs it most. Unprepared for the other team. No game plan. No intensity. No adjustments.

Besides the questions of effort and no commitment to the defensive end...the offense is obviously the biggest problem. If the other team can get up in the passing lanes and take away the first pass to the wings that initiates the offense, the Rockets have no idea what to do next. You have to have a counter for it. This many games in to the season, we still don't have one. That's unacceptable.

3. Astockmarketgod

big stiff needs to stop talking... and do the walking...

enough is enough... demand the ball then... play aggressive ... foul the hell out if you have too...

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Yao is always thinking the Rockets is a championship level team! I guess he cannot accept the fact they lost to a EC team. In fact, so far this season, they played 5 EC teams and lost two games already. These two teams are not top teams in EC! I think Yao should prepare better and fight harder when the rockets play every team.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The current rockets are not qualified to look down any team, even an EC team!

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

exaxtly what I was thinking. He spent his time in the hotel watching the tape and thinking about defensive plan on his own. Wow. Is he thinking too much or Adelman doing too little. Maybe we indeed dont have a game plan, not like Fegen said a wrong or bad game plan.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

That's why I say the team looks like it is not being coached or managed on the court very well. Les needs to look into this as I consider that Coach 'A' has limited tenure with the Houston Team. :p

8. New Jack

New Jack Member

I don’t want to excuse Adelman if he indeed did not have a game plan, but if you're a supposed elite team with two “superstar” players, you really should not have to devise some master game plan to beat a mediocre team like Toronto. The “superstars” alone should be enough to beat a team like the Raptors.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I am glad I don't work for you, or vice versa, if that's your work ethic.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Whether it's game planning or motivation, it still falls on Adelman. The levers he is pulling aren't effective.

11. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

I get your point, but you're just wrong. There's no off nights in the NBA. The Rockets of all teams should have figured this out by now.

12. New Jack

New Jack Member

I agree that there are no off nights in the NBA.

But this is a veteran team, and Yao/Mcgrady are supposed to be the upper echelon superstar players that lead is to a championship. They should not need to be told every little thing they need to do like a bunch of rookies.

So what if Yao took it upon himself to prepare better for the Raptors? Isn't that what we want? He's starting to be more assertive in taking a leadership type role, instead of just waiting for the coach to tell him everything he needs to do. I don't want a soldier that just blindly follows orders, I want a leader tht gives out orders.

I'm sure other superstar players around the league (Garnett, Duncan, etc.) do the same.

13. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Hell, so we might as well fire Adelman since his players are going to do all the work anyway. Let's just wipe out the entire Scouting staff while we're at it too.

14. magicwind

magicwind Member

how many did he miss? 5 out of 10? I admire you having such a high standard and seems that there's no qulified player in this league besides Shaq O'neal.

15. magicwind

magicwind Member

why not? If I am 7'6 and a 6'9 guy guarding me. I'll shoot over his head all night, either fadeway or not. Who said that if you are taller than your man you have to jump shoot straight up and down?

Man, stars always choose to score with the way they are most comfortable with. The problem to day for Yao is not that he's not aggressive, is that nobody passed him damned BALL.

16. magicwind

magicwind Member

Do what?

guys dont know what to do because they have a soft, weak, hands-off coach who's not going to tell them what to do.

What a shame, a player have to figure out the game plan by himself on the plane, what did the coach and asst. coachs do???????

17. magicwind

magicwind Member

Rockets were a 52 wins team last year, and added some nice new pieces like scola and SF3, shouldn't it be estimated much better than those 7win 15,6 lose eastern teams????????

18. magicwind

magicwind Member

The truth is that the Rockets DON'T have a game plan. Tmac also said that before. RA dont use game plans, he's gambling every game. Oh boy, he should go to Vegas, not Houston.

19. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

But just remember..."it's going to take time."

20. choujie

choujie Member

Did you watch the game? He even attacked double teams a couple times.

The real problem is he doesn't get the ball in scoring position enough times these days.