1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming out (UPDATE: Yao's season is OVER)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Feb 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Glacier

Glacier Member

Is this real? Or I'm having a nightmare? Ohhhhhhhhh No!!!!!!!!! :(

2. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

:( ..........no comment

To people who want to trade tmac and yao....leave the forum please

3. dookiester

dookiester Member

yeah this is absolutely unacceptable. when your franchise player complains about ANY problem in his lower body, get every scan you can think of to make sure it isnt 'just a sprain.' i'm not giving the team doctors the benefit of the doubt after a history of failing to catch problems (ala his toe). absolutely disgusting.

4. WildSweet&Cool

Especially considering the fact that it could have been detected BEFORE the trade deadline. We could have signed Webber!!!

"Oh, our 300 lb, 7"-6 center has a recurring foot ache? .. and the trade deadline is next week? No need to do a CT scan. I'm sure it's just a sprain."

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

I get the feeling Barry probably had decided on Houston... Now there's no Barry, and no Yao! Unbelievable.

So this wil be the active 12:
    Alston/Jackson/Brooks
    McGrady/Head
    Battier/Jones
    Scola/Landry/Novak
    Deke/Hayes

Dke wants to go out as a champion. I think the Rockets can sneak one.

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Oh, well, if SINA confirmed it maybe there is hope that it isn't really true!

*holding out hope now*

7. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Sign "The Dream"

8. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

i guess i'm the only one who thinks this isn't that big of a deal. our team is deep enough where our bench will make up for his absence. terrible timing for him to be injured, on the bright side he will get a long vacation/rest.

9. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

its an hour later (after I first heard the news) and my heart is still hearting and i'm still crying...maybe I should go to the hospital... :(

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

[​IMG]

11. AttackTheRack

AttackTheRack Member

This team has needed a backup center ALL YEAR! Deke does nothing but cheerlead, and Yao plays 38+ minutes every night getting hammered by 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th stringers. You just don't take that kinda' chance with a player like Yao. Hate to say it, but his career might never be the same.

12. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

I am sitting here speechless. I do not even want to believe this. Is this really happening? Why, what the heck? I mean seriously? This is biggest blow ever. Hopefully Scola can step it up...

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Ugh! And I just committed to buying Rockets/Spurs tickets for the game in San Antonio on 3/30.

14. jboslett

jboslett Member

The best case scenario is that Yao heals quickly and can still make the playoffs. I can't think of any specific cases but doctors have been wrong before about the whole "out for the season" thing.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Holy Jesus H Christ... :eek:

WTF is this? I had no idea this was even a remote possibility...I was so busy at work last night and the first half of the day that my cousin (mavs fan) called and left a message about Yao and I thouhgt he was bs'ing...then I talk to my best friend there in Houston and now I'm just in shock...

Do I think the season is over, no, but I do think it'll be more challenging to secure a playoff spot...We just need other guys to step up...

Go Rockets!!!

16. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

this is the worst nightmare ever. All this momentum is gone. This is the news that sucked the air out of the entire ROX fanbase.

17. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I just checked the calendar.

Unfortunately, today is not April 1st.

Optimistically, with a healthy TMac, bench depth we haven't had in the previous years, and some luck, we'll be in the playoffs. A motivated TMac can still destroy defenders on a regular basis, but I'm not betting the house on postseason success. Anything after April 16th is gravy for me.

I was worried that the Rockets might become complacent riding this winning streak... now it won't be an issue with the sky crashing down on them today.

This sucks, a lot.

18. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

When's the last time you had foot surgery?

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

wow this is the most random thing ever. best wishes to yao, but im not too worried because this team is deep and we can still win without him.

20. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

i want to die