1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming named to All-NBA Third Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, May 17, 2006.

1. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

yes sir, I watch a lot of basketball games (especially the Heat)... and I've seen how Shaq played... THAT'S WHY U DONT FREAKIN JUDGE DAMN PLAYERS FROM WATCHING THEM FOR ONE DAMN SEASON... PLEAAAAAAAASE... Shaq had bad luck and Yao had great luck (after the surgery, of course)... so stop that crap, and we will see who is the best next season...

and one more thing, ... Love your sense of humour... ;)

2. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Don't be so fast. Next year, Amare will be back on court again

3. compucomp

compucomp Member

Funny how people complain that Yao needs to rest over the summer, while in actuality all great players work on their games over the summer and train hard in order to stay in shape. Yao said himself that after his rookie year he rested too much and then had too much trouble getting back into shape.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yao vs a completely healthy Amare is one thing. But Amare after microfracture surgery... You got to have gigantic stones, or a hole in your head to back that horse.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It all starts with the Big Aristotle,both offensively and defensively.Shaq makes all the other guys on that team better.Along with a healthy Wade,the Heat are going to win it all this year.To say that the Heat are in the position they are despite Shaq is...well,wrong.In fact why did Orlando,LA,and (soon to be)Miami win titles?...common denominator = DIESEL
    That said,I'll take Dream anyday...
    The torch is being passed to Yao,but Shaq will have his day in the sun this year.

6. Plowman

Supporting Member

Of course we beat Orlando,but my point is that all those teams went to the finals and it's not a coincidence that Shaq was on each team.

7. Plowman

Supporting Member

If Wade had been healthy,the Heat might very well have already beaten the Pistons.

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

WTF. I hate shaq... i swear if his stats sucked, he would still make the all star team. I cant wait till he retires....

9. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

With all due respect, not sure whether you understand the meaning of first NBA team in season 2006-2007. Oh yeah, Shaq had bad luck, so he's first NBA team, great idea.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Are we talking about the pre-surgey healthy Amare who constantly got eaten up by Yao?

OR

Are we talking about the post-microfracture surgery Amare, who would be hard pressed to jump 3/4 as high as he used to without his knees swelling up the next day?

11. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I'm ok with it, its better that Yao stays under the radar. If people start respecting him or praising him too much, he might lose his hunger. That, and if you're good, you don't need biased idiots to tell you that.

Yao can sneak under the radar, and when the media isn't expecting it BAM he's cut their throats open with a rusty knife and he's pissing down their esophogus, he's drinking their blood, man, he's reaching down their throat and pulling out their stomachs and spraying stomach acid into their eyes. Then, he transports their mothers to watch their children get tortured, and videos of the media members visiting underage hookers are shown on screens behind them. Then the media people watch as Yao ties up their mothers with barbed wire and bathes them in alcohol. Now he's cutting off the three middle toes and three middle fingers off of the media member's hands and feet and making them swallow them, after dipping them in faeces, and they'll be freaks for the rest of their lives. The last media member, the poor tortured soul, with his dying breath, will look at Yao and say, "Who are you?"

Then Yao can turn to the camera and say, "...the Aristocrat!"

12. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

agree..

13. Omer

Omer Member

Yeah I agree this was a complete rip, but can't really do anything about it.
    We can console ourselves in the fact that hopefully next year we will have 2 players in the All NBA First Team. McGrady and Yao.

14. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

well, you have a point.. I dont know what I was thinking when I posted the thing.. I guess it was confusing.. SORRY! :rolleyes: :cool:
    what i meant is you cant say that Yao is better than Shaq by only looking at the "developed recently" Yao game and the "bad luck" Shaq... I still think Shaq should be 1st team ... mostly because of his age (Yao still has a lot of years in this league, and after Shaq leaves, I guarantee u that he will get a ton of 1st team selections and we all will be happy)...

15. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

good point .. I agree... btw, thanks for the thorough details in the rest of the post.. ;)

16. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

thank you man... I finally found somebody that makes some sense.. ;)

17. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

That's a nice idea and all, but I got to be honest... it could use a little more cowbell.

18. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

this voting system is a complete joke...why even have these awards if so much weight is being given to the team's performance. Might as well hand all first team awards to the team with the best record.

19. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

SHAQ:Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.6) Ranks #15 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game(1.76)

PPG 20.0
    RPG 9.2
    APG 1.9
    SPG .39
    BPG 1.76
    FG% .600
    FT% .469
    3P% .000
    MPG 30.6

YAO:Ranks #13 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.519) Ranks #14 in the NBA in Free-Throw Percentage(0.853)

PPG 22.3
    RPG 10.2
    APG 1.5
    SPG .53
    BPG 1.65
    FG% .519
    FT% .853
    3P% .000
    MPG 34.2

Yao had slightly better stats, but Shaq's FG percentage evens things up.. the fact that he is in the ECF right now gives him an edge.. his name "Shaq" makes gives him even more advantage.. u also cant forget that he is playing with a team that has D-Wade and the crew.. it's a complete team with a lot of weapons, while our poor rockets have nobody after the injury of T-mac.. Yao's stats sky-rocketed mainly because T-mac wasn't here and Yao was our only choice (go-to guy)..

20. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

ur stats also fail you when they compare fT's. Shaq is a complete joke on the line with less than a 50/50 chance of hitting, while Yao is near automatic.
    For a man with no teammates to hit shots, Yao held his own damn well. Teams completely collapse into Yao's nuts and Yao could still throw down 30 pts and over 10+ rebound

Who gives a **** whose name is what. The heat have a more talented team, hence they are in the playoffs. Last I checked, we were voting on one man, one position, not his team's overall success.

Shaq might shoot a higher percentage, but Yao is still scoring more on fantastic shooting from the field and line.