1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming named to All-NBA Third Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, May 17, 2006.

1. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

its all bs. no comment on the stupid a** voting :confused:

2. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

The entire voting system is not a good one anyway. Media can be so biased and easily influenced by hype, generalizations and past performances/reputations etc. Atleast the media writers should not be able to vote for those in their own team. I would actually prefer voting by the referees or even coaches over those media writers.

-G'day-

3. Diaw

Diaw Member

hi
    how can shaq and wallace be ahead of yao in the votes ? is it all about the hype or the color of skin or what ??? i'm especially mad about wallace : ... arent the all nba teams supposed to be composed of basketball players ??? this guy has no offensive move at all, he cant hit any shot, all he got is his muscles ... any tall nfl players would do what he does lol ... grrrrr :mad:

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

BUT but but, detroit had best record and miami is in playoffs :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ghey.........................

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

oh yeah

I just noticed how horrific free throw shooting the "#1 center and #2 center" has

probably among the worst in the ENTIRE league

6. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

ridiculous :mad: :mad:

7. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

Shaq is still better than Yao.. lets face it.. SHAQ IS SHAQ...it's not about skin color or anything... you might have an argument about Wallace, I know he sux big time on Offense, but he is a great defensive player and he is leading his team to the ECF (after they beat Lebron's a$$)... Shaq is and will be THE BEST CENTER IN THE LEAGUE SINCE HAKEEM RETIRED... you cant compare Shaq to Yao, it's not even close... it's not about offense or Numbers you put up, it's all about the dimensions of your game and your strenght on the court... plus these 2 players can play great D while Yao cant defend worth a crap (hey, I really like Yao, I think he is a great player, but lets face it, he cant play D.. he is slow in rotating, picks up silly fouls, CANT JUMP :rolleyes: )...

and one more thing, I know we are all happy about his development after the toe surgery, but lets not judge him that quickly.. you cant just say that he is the best center in the NBA for playing well in the last 2 months.. Yao wasn't that good at the beginning of the season... 2 months dont mean anything, it might be just a hot streak or something ( I hope it's not).. now I am not hating on Yao, please everybody, dont start firing at me and attacking me.. I am just saying lets give him more time so we can be able to judge him correctly.. I know that non of us will be happy if they chose him 1st team and he came back to his old self next season (hope not again)...

so be calm everybody, I am not a spy from Miami Heat's website or anything :D , I am a die hard rockets fan ... and I dont have a low IQ or poor judgement of the game, and u dont need to send me stats to show me how good Yao is.. I know he is great ...

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

This past season is where Yao showed he is not only the best center in the Western Conference but the league. His stock is going up and the man many considered to be the best center in the league for the past 7-8 years is on a huge downslide. Yao should be acknowledged next year unless some other center(s) make some huge strides toward greatness.

9. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

it's not about free throw %...

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

All of the above...

11. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

Ben Wallace is so overated.

His stats is even becoming worse in the playoff.

3.3 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 1.44 BPG, 33.3% FG, 32.0% FT

Give Deke the same minutes(35MPG), he could do more than that.

Hope Dumars give 32-year-old BWallace a big fat long contract in the off season.

12. rocketsinsider

this is seriously sad........ u can combine the freethrow % of the "#1 and #2" centers of the league and yao's will still be higher....
    this is ridiculous :mad:

13. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

decent player ??? I dont get it... Shaq is still the best center in the league.. he had terrible injuries this year that slowed him down a bit and affected his game negatively.. but he is still playing almost the same amount minutes as Yao is...( I believe he is older than Yao by 10 years or something like that)

14. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

yeah, HE IS SHAQ..

15. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Why not judge him that quickly. He took huge strides in his game, and it wasn't like he started making 3 pointers. We all knew he could dominate in the post and he did.

Shaq's defense has been piss poor lately, and look at his fouls in the bulls and nets series. He's hardly the defender he once was. His go to move is now being called for what it is, an offensive charge. His Ft shooting makes most centers look like Rick Barry out there. Sure he shoots a high percentage, but he's a liability at the line and on Defense.

Yeah, Shaq has been the best since Dream retired, but shaq is in the twilight of his career. Yao is just starting to reach his prime. Yao deserved as much and more credit than shaq because they missed comparable number of games, and don't fault Yao for Cd and Jvg's poorly put together team.

The heat didn't beat chicago and NJ because of shaq, but in spite of him.

16. choujie

choujie Member

Do you watch NBA games? Have you seen how Shaq played Defense this season?

You forgot to add this: " I'm President George W. Bush."

17. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Who the F cares that he's ten years older. This isn't an AARP or Senior Citizens early bird special at IHOP. Age doesn't matter when u look at who is the best at their position. Jordan wasn't better than Kobe in 02-03 even though Jordan was injured and older.

Yao had injuries too. Quit being a Shaq apologist. Voting should be absolute and without terrible logic, like injuries hampered him so lets give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yao played more minutes btw.

18. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

You think "Shaq is still better than Yao" makes the rest of your post crap.

19. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

once again, I agree with u .. Shaq didn't play that well this season, but Yao didn't do so either IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON... so bacause of Yao's great improvement and Shaq's injuries and problems this season, you cant judge him that quickly... lets wait for next season..

20. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Whatever. Next year, Yao is going to show the league that not only is he the best center in the league, but that he's the best big man in the league.

That tennis ball story in the other thread has me all jazzed about the work that Yao is putting into getting better, and the fact that he and the coaching staff are well aware of his shortcomings, and are putting in the work to correct them.

Yao is just going to get better every single year, and as long as he stays healthy and managements puts some semblance of a team around him, then I'm confident that he's going to lead us to the promised land many, many times.