1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Medical Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 7, 2009.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Thanks for the update. Good to hear he's doing better than expected. I'm sure the whole shoulder thing isn't a real issue to worry about.

2. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

who cares? Yao is not a part of our team this year this this information does nothing and does not really say a damn thing....I cant wait till the Yao era is done! time to get flamed I guess

2 people like this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It sure sounds like the shoulder thing was just the "minor joint pain" described by R2K. I don't think his shoulder is much more messed up than that of the average NBA player. Normal wear and tear. I've read about the shoulder for a few years now, and he's never missed games because of it (as oppose to leg/foot injuries) you'd think the physicians would have already done whatever there is to do about it if it is that serious. Afterall, what better time to operate than when he's already resting due to the foot injury anyway.

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Yao's progress obviously will determine what moves we make and don't make going into the future. While it doesn't effect the team we have on the court now directly, the news of good progress is worth hearing.

5. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Come on man, I recalled Daryl Morey has something to say about that, he was like "Yao is the cornerstone for this Houston Rockets team" right before Yao went down again with broken foot.

And our future moves depend on how well Yao progresses, no big-time presence in the middle to help the team would hurt us in the long run and without inside presence, we ain't gonna go farther into the playoffs.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

You sir have just earn some points.. Not flamed...

So please step back on the Soap Box and continue my friend...

[​IMG]

7. dexkk

dexkk Member

Better hope he gets better or he has no value as trade bait (for fans who want this).

8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I used to post on there, but it seems if the topic isn't on Yao or an Chinese player then they have no interest in talking about anything else. I dunno why ya'll seem to bring up Pryuen from time to time. I know he used to post Yao and rockets photos and all of Yao actives , but man, have ya'll ever been to ymm.com? He argues or start mess with everybody there that doesn't agree what he has to say.

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

That is a new one. But when I was a kid, I had a teacher telling me she was dealing with some joint pains. So I asked her why, and she told me that when the weather changes or when the rain is about to come, her joints started acting up.

I guess due to the different air pressure that affects the whole body.

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

With Yao on this team, we aint going far in the playoffs. Think about it. Statistically, the Rockets win more with both Tmac and Yao together. Why? Because Tmac can take a lot of pressure off Yao and he creates most of Yao's point and draws all the attention away from Yao.

With only Tmac and no Yao, the Rockets are still a good team. Their record are well above .500 with only Tmac. Reason why is because Tmac is that type of player that can score, and distribute. He is a great passer and he draws a lot of attention from other teams. So he often find the open player on the court and teams will have a hard time trying to stop that. They can't stop him 1 on 1, and if they try to double him, he will find an open spot up shooter, or a player that cuts to the basket.

Without both Tmac and Yao, the Rockets are around the .500 mark. Without any superstars on the team, the Rockets play so well together and do not rely on one person. The whole entire team gets to feel the ball. The ball movement is beautiful and the execution of plays are good. Bad thing is that, we often have trouble score sometimes without a star like yao or tmac.

With Yao and no Tmac, the Rockets are below .500 mark.
    Overall, if the Rockets are running with only Yao Ming on the team and no other star alongside him, the Rockets have the worst record overall compare to with Tmac or without Yao. Why? This is very simple why the Rockets lose more game with only Yao on the team. Yes Yao Ming does draws a lot of attention and he is very efficient in the paint once he gets into position. But why is the Rockets under .500 with only Yao? Its because even though he draws a lot of attention and double teams, our offense is horrible with him on the court. When Yao is playing, every one on the floor has a hard time trying to feed Yao in the post except for Tmac. When Yao is on the floor, its like every single Rockets player feel the need to give him the ball and let him score. Problem with that is teams would just front him, so unless they're making their long shots, otherwise, the Rockets will have a hard time trying to score. They cannot drive the lane with Yao on the court just because Yao alone clogs up the lane and since he always have like 2 guys on him, the lane is basically a traffic jam. With only Yao on the court, the Rockets only type of offense is feed Yao the ball and hope that he scores or try to nail the long shot. That is it. To other teams, this is very easy to defend. Just front Yao and contest the three point line. There is not a lot of cuts and movements due to the clogging in the paint and Yao has a hard time passing out of double teams. So the reason why the Rockets are under .500 with only Yao playing, it is because we only have 2 type of offense with him on the court. If we have Tmac alongside Yao, it would be a different story because they have to put someone else one Tmac and Tracy is a great passer.

I don't want to bash Yao or anything. I love the things he has done for the city of Houston. But year in and year out, when Yao is the only main guy on the floor, the Rockets always have a hard time winning games. Yao gets most of his points the first 3 quarters. If you really think about it, Yao always have a hard time scoring in the 4th quarter. Lets say Yao scored 30 that one game. Well, he scored like 26 points the first 3 quarters and scored only 4 in the 4th. I don't know why but I guess it's fatigue that hit him and plus, Yao is like a book. Once you figure him out, it's not that hard to guard him. He does the same moves and he don't really have any counter moves like Scola. In the 4th quarter, Yao gets called for 3 secs in the paint, or he can't get in position which frustrates him so when he finally gets the ball, he often forces it up and miss. That is why the Rockets lose more with Yao. Because he keep us in games for the first 3 quarters but in the 4th, the Rockets try to rely on him and he just cannot pull us through. 4th quarters has always been his biggest weakness. Most of the time, he struggles in the 4th.

Notice him in the playoffs, he does well in the first game and afterward, he struggles just because the other team had him all figure out. Okur said he is easy to guard because Yao does the same thing over and over. All the other team need is to play against Yao in the first game, and then they would watch the tapes, and figure out his weakness.

I know I will get bash for this. But this is just my opinion on Yao Ming. After watching him almost every single game since his rookie season, I've always notice that about him. Is that he does very well in the first 3 quarters, and in the 4th, he would struggle just because of fatigue and frustration. At first I thought I was wrong about how he always struggle in the 4th. So I paid closer attention to him and I realize that every time in the 4th quarter, Yao gets fronted and he spend so much time trying to get into position that the refs would call 3 secs on him. So he gets very frustrated that when he finally gets the ball, he forces up the shot quickly before the double comes.

No one have to agree with me on this. No harm, its just another one of my opinions.

11. Manos

Manos Member

So the Rockets go further with Tracy in the post season than with Yao? Really?

Oh also, please post the link with the games stats you have concerning the Rockets record with Yao/no Tracy, with Tracy/no Yao, with both and neither. I'd really enjoy reading them. Oh, wait, you don't have one? Shocker...

12. amaru

amaru Member

Yea your right!!!! I hate that guy, he's robbing this organization of millions! He's never healthy!?!?

He's.............oh wait your talking about Yao.

Why how dare you!?!?! :mad:

That man is a warrior who can do no wrong!

:p

13. kops630

kops630 Rookie

when yao back to court, who would be the other engine of rockets?wade ?how possiblity?

14. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

he shouldn't be going over to china...he need to be on the side-lines cheerleading

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Funny how if McGrady got "medical clearance" to go somewhere to watch a team he owns, everyone would be flaming him for it, but since it's Yao, barely anyone notices. Even though I am a fan of both players, there is a double-standard.

16. platy

platy Member

great news. get well soon big fella.