1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Medical Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mattj, Jun 24, 2009.

1. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

He should be walking on crutches eof.

2. Ari

Ari Member

Any idiot could see that coming, unfortunately. Yao's best days are already behind him, unfortunately the Rockets won't even consider salvaging their franchise and protecting it in the long-term because Yao, well, hails from China and not Brooklyn.

The Rockets will regret their short sightedness in being so blinded by Yao's celebrity status to even consider moving him while he still has two legs, and so will their fans. It is already starting to unfold.

3. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

just a hairline fracture? lol. this is a 300lb 7'6" guy youre talking about. foot injuries are the type of injuries that kill the careers of centers.

anyway, i do think they need to evaluate the team's medical staff. i cant believe with all the injuries the team has had over the years, this hasnt been addressed. somebody sign up phoenix's medical team, stat!

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I would trade him ASAP because he WILL NOT last this long. He's not lasting over the age of 32 GUARANTEED.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Yao needs to go to 5-6 more doctors until one of them agrees he can't play.

Oops...wrong guy/situation.

I hope whatever "treatment" they go to next is something a little more proactive than the "wait and see" approach. I know they wanted to try to let it heal on its own first but did they really have to wait 6 weeks to check the progress and realize there was none or very little? I thought you can tell whether or not a bone is healing or not in half that amount of time.

6. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Maybe they're just making sure China doesn't go commie over Yao and force him to play.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thats what Im thinking. Trade him if you can or let him opt out and walk. Man has a broken bone in his leg or foot almost every year.

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Dave, hopefully this injury does not make him SO BAD next year where we he needs another surgery A LA McGrady. We're done if hes out next year..

9. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

espn just said out indefinitely :( :(

10. Ashes

Ashes Member

Seriously, just strap him to a bed and let him heal. This is so frustrating.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i said this about tmac 2 years ago, and i'm officially saying it about yao now. he will never play 75+ games in a season again. trade him while he's worth something.

12. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

how come no one has pointed a finger at dr. tom clanton? he has been servicing yao's feet for some time now and the problems are still there. how does he not figure out that his current treatment plan isn't working until almost 2 months later?

13. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

HOLY ****! TRADE UP AND DRAFT HASHEEM THABEET. YAO SUCKS.

just kidding. I got faith in Yao. He'll be ready by the beggining of the season.

14. Lumix

Lumix Member

Does this news have some relevance to his contract talk? Just speculate.

15. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

great. on a related news, shaq's heading to cleveland. no way phoenix is gonna give up amare now.

so there we have it folks.

16. Raven

Raven Member

He'll never be completely healthy again.

17. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

BLAME REEBOK

yao just wear the swoosh u wore them in the beginning of the year and ur feet were fine come on man really

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

so what have they been evaluating all this time!?

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we have one of the worst medical staffs i've seen in sports. it's injuries galore with this team. basically every starter has been injured at some point for the past 4-5 years.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Some stress fractures heel relatively quickly,others can take months. Surgery cannot accelerate the process but remains a last option.