1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Medical Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mattj, Jun 24, 2009.

1. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

is Yao adjusting his injury period?
    from December to Feburary to May now to June, if thats the case He'll be healthy for the whole year next year!

2. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

What timing?! Now, all other GM would play hardball with Morey knowing that the Rockets could be desperate in obtaining an insurance for and if Yao does not heal i time for the season or lose a substantial amount of games due to this injury. :mad: :(

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

This is why Amare is a very attractive target...although it looks like there's zero chance now.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think yao will retire after next yr if he gets another injury to his foot. b/c i think by then les will even have to let him go.

but let's see.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It will take time to heel.Surgery is rare in these cases. This may result in a greater period of immobilization and inactivity. Doesn't sound good at all.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This is BS. Just a message to Team China that Yao was rightfully out of any team activities now and in the future.

7. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

He's done. If he wants a championship he'd be smart to ride the Lebron cocktrain.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Sucks but there is still a lot of time. maybe Morey wanted Amare to start the season at C?

For some reason I feel this could be a scare thing to make sure Yao doesn't do anything for china this summer

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Shaq already took that spot. Maybe next year!

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Yao should have stayed in houston rather than travelling a lot. He should be more careful.

11. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Definitely not the news I wanted to hear.....

12. Pringles

Pringles Member

I don't know how you are going to tell him to be more careful....

What is up with the doctors these days....

Have they gotten ANYTHING right for the Rockets?

This is just frustrating.

13. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Yao is pulling a Tmac so we can't trade him.... :D :D

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

yao and tmac have something in common now. : )

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Send Yao to Phoenix to work with their Medical Staff or have them come here. All the problems will be cured in no time!

16. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Anybody care to share any information on how long an injury like Yao's usually heal? How long does it take before a person is allowed to do physical activities. Is surgery needed?

17. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Whether or not we're actively shopping Yao, this is a
    bizarre time to be dangling this news.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think this is a big deal. Number 1 - the pain is gone which is really a positive sign. The stress fracture will heal, sometimes it takes longer for things to heal. Yao has done a fair amount of traveling, he may have no worn the boot or still walked around a lot in it.

I've had a stress fracture before and worn those boots, they suck, and I don't think they are all that helpful.

It's only been 8 weeks since the injury. I don't think they would try anything radically different unless they don't see progress in another 3-6 weeks.

19. Ismail

Ismail Member

Well it's not like he has to play next week or something. It's just a hairline fracture, let the big fella rest up.

20. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

calling yao4real.

anyways, this is the biggest reason why the rockets are targeting amare stoudemire.

at least itll put off some of yao's suitors like cleveland. if the rockets handle this right, they can lock up yao for the rest of his basketball productive years at a reasonable paycheck.