1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: I Need To Excel/Surpass the Other Me

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jul 30, 2007.

1. tsunami

tsunami Member

lol, why? whom you think you are ?

2. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

basically what yao does is he will grind and work just so he can get his team as close to the other team as possible so tmac can do his 3 min of work in the end. Yao is the NBA's most unself and most diligent superstar u will ever get in more than a decade. Forget about KG, nash, lebron, wade, the most unself superstar is Yao so appreciate houston fans and stop the yao hate

3. tsunami

tsunami Member

I believe that. The point is that Pryuen's translation misleads and actually damage Yao's image LOL. Be careful if you use the word "jealous" geez.

4. firezh

firezh Member

Pryuen's translation is accurate enough. But the accuracy of the original information is doubtful. After all, it's published on sina...

5. forebay

forebay Member

It's just you.

The Yao in this intervew is very consistent with his past conversation/interview with his buddy reporter Yang Yi

6. tsunami

tsunami Member

whatever, I have nothing to say if the original article is doubtful. Anyway remember "jealous" is a very very negative word. It doesn't just mean you want to be as successful as the others (TMAC in this case), it means you are unhappy with TMAC's achievement, and even worse, you hope that TMAC to fail. So as I said, if you use this word, just don't expect any good reaction.

7. rvpals

rvpals Member

I remembered watching the game Yao was talking about in the series against Utah.

He's working his butts off to get his points, every single one of his points are earned, usually he has to fight off 2 or 3 Jazzholes and get foul and no call and have to finish strong. It's like Yao is using a 50 point effort to get his 29 points. TMac was not hitting anything and fall in love with the 3 pointers.

Then all the sudden TMac starting to hit some shots and we barely beat the Jazz. Of course the highlights are all about TMac being a great shooter. Not that TMac is not a great shooter, but I don't think Yao gets much respect for his hardwork though, all everybody remember is TMac's hot shooting in the 2nd half.

8. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

When Yao said TMac is "unstable factor", could it be that he was using some metaphor from his favorite game or movie or something?

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

still you shouldn't use the word "jealous". That word implies Yao were so unhappy with other's achievement that he even hope TMAC to fail even at the cost of team's win.

10. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Maybe we should worry less about Yao vs TMac and worry more about Yao's shoulder. If he needs surgery, when does he get it? Next offseason is out because of his commitment to the Chinese team; would it be the following offseason (2009)? Can it hold out that long without his game degrading?

Just curious. I think the translation thing is way overblown here. The shoulder injury is real.

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Talk about people jumping into all sorts of conclusions. we got some drama queens here. as i said before, you dosent have a nasty bone in he's body. i refuse to believe yao would have had a cheap shot at tracy. by unstabel he meant tracy's back could flare up anytime nd it is upto yao as the other franchise player to carry us.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yao hates T-Mac ~ I can't believe it !!! :eek:

13. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

NOP that is not correct.Immediately after he said he was a bit jealous, he reiterated he knew his position/role in the team. He also craves to be the spire of the pinnacle. But in order to win, he is willing to be the cornerstone that determines the height of the spire. And what matters most is the final victory.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3057663&postcount=94

You don't just take that word totally out of context from the whole paragraph of that part of the interview, and not trying to read and understand what he was saying.

IMHO, it is so consistent with the character and personality of Yao Ming that we all know: a truely selfless and team-oriented player that will be willing to sacrifice his own glory and personal stats in order for his team to win......

#133 pryuen, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  14. tsunami

tsunami Member

You should use some other word in stead of jealous.

15. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

So which one you think is more positive? :D

http://encarta.msn.com/thesaurus_561578139/jealous.html

Synonyms: envious, green-eyed, covetous, resentful, green with envy, desirous, bitter, green

As I have explained, in the context of the actual situation that he described about the Game 1 vs Utah Jazz in that interview, he did felt jealous.....

What's wrong with it? You think that will destroy his image? :rolleyes:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What is wrong with Yao coveting the chance to be the hero?

Once he recognizes that he is the ONLY one that can lead the team, it is at that time the team will succeed.

I believe it has to be:

Option 1 - Yao
    Option 2 - Tmac
    Option 3 - the rest

17. angryman

angryman Contributing Member

Pryuen, ignore the haters, YOFs hate you for making their morally-perfect god seems like a human, TOFs hate you for speaking the obvious, OMG T-mac is inconsistent, I can't believe it!

Some of you are too sensitve, Yao is just telling the truth, the bigman build the lead/hold the ground and let the swingman close the game, it's been like that since forever.

18. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

Hey, why did you use such harsh words again someone who has translated tons of Yao's interviews for the fans here? There are possibly few minor mistakes during these heavy loads of translation work. I can read Chinese and pryuen's translations quite match the Chinese meanings. He or she has contributed a lot to this board. What you did today? Bashing.

WATCH OUT YOUR MOUTH!

#138 Queeni, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  19. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

I agree. Some fans here are very sensitive. I can't believe some people read this interview as Yao hates T-Mac. Just ridiculous.

20. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Considering how many interviews of Yao Pryuen has translated, cut him some slack if he makes one mis-translation in one interview. Pryuen, just ignore the doubters, you're one of the more integral parts of the BBS during the offseason.