1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming got owned on the board last night!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GranvilleWaders, Oct 31, 2007.

1. GranvilleWaders

So..I was looking at the game highlights from the Laker game last night and I was messing with my TIVO and slowmo'd the last play (kobe's intentional missed freethrow). Ok..so Kwame Brown totally blast by Yao..not to mention Bonzi was destroyed by the other laker. Rafer then thankfully bails us out by tipping it away from Kobe.
    I'm just amazed that on that play with so much on the line..the intensity isn't there...no way Kwame should thrash Yao like that on a HUGE play...oh well..just venting..we still won but next time??..??

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

so you didn't even watch the whole game but you saying he got owned on the boards??

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets gave up 3 offensive boards on missed free throws. Totally inexcusable.

4. GranvilleWaders

nice try..I watched every second of the game with excitement..i only slowmo'd the last play...the title is "he got owned on the board"...so take it as you will...anyways back to the post..it bothered me.

5. redao

redao Member

our superstars are not clutch performers. it should not be news to you.

6. choujie

choujie Member

Kobe got owned by Rafer.

7. abcdef

abcdef Member

News Flash #1: We beat the Lakers on the boards 49-37 yesterday.
    News Flash #2: Yao had 12 rebounds to lead everyone in the game.

Wow, we won and Yao had a reasonably good game. The YOH's must really be looking for blood, damn I shudder to see what will happen if Yao has a poor game.

8. GranvilleWaders

I am aware of this fact..but I mean this is not a clutch shot, steal, or even a pass...just put your BIG BOOTY right in Kwame Browns face..period!

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Same thing I was thinking.

You are referring to one play. What about the others??? What justifies you title besides that one play that Yao got "owned"??? Last time I checked he pulled down 12 rebounds.

10. GranvilleWaders

I freakin LOVE Yao...my point is on that play he was sluggish..both hands on his knees when Kobe was releasing and of course he got beat badly..never even touched the ball..in fact neither did Bonzi...if you think that performance overall last night was good enough to win what everyone is hoping then you are mistaken.

11. GranvilleWaders

read the entire thread I already answered this question

12. abcdef

abcdef Member

By this same logic, McGrady got stripped clean by Luke Walton late in the game. OMGZ LUKE WALTON OWNZ MCGRADY!!!!!11111!!! Mike James gagged on two crucial FT's. OMGZ MIKE JAMES IS A CHOKER WHO CAN'T HIT FT'S!!!111!!

See how ridiculous this line of thought is?

If you wanted to rag on Yao it would be more rational to rag on the fact that he looked poor in the high post.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

That extra bounce dazzled Yao.

BTW, Radman missed last night's game for lakers because of sore throat. I am not making this up.

14. redao

redao Member

Yao always has this "lack of awareness" or "not focusing enough on the game" thing through out his career. It may due to his fatigue, the deaf ear or not enough heart... do not know.

The best way is to have a competitive teammate (such as SF, TMAC, Battier) reminding Yao on what gonna happen in such situations.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good grief, he had 12 boards, and Kobe threw it hard off the glass....we won....

SHEESH !!

DD

16. dedong22

dedong22 Member

or simply make yao angry, lol

17. pli777

pli777 Member

Sometimes I think some posters on this board should really go and try out for a team to see if they can even make the team as a towel boy.

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

How about we go by the LARGE sample size of the entire game, rather than the TINY sample of 3 or 4 plays?

Oh, right, because that would go against your argument...

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Topic creator is saying Rafer won it for us. AHAHAHAHAH...

Even if Kobe got the ball, the time would've expired before he could get a shot off. Rafer ALMOST fouled Kobe when he knocked it away from Kobe. Gimme a break. Even if what Rafer did had really prevented a tie, it was Rafer who got us into the mess in the first place. He almost had no choice but to redeem himself.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

yeah, 1 sec left, a couple bounces on the rim. Even if Kobe had made it, the ref had to review it.