1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming for Paul Gasol?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketForever, Jun 8, 2002.

Tags:
?

Would you trade Yao Ming for Paul Gasol?

1. YES

23 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. NO

36 vote(s)
    61.0%
  1. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

NYK,

The ESPN Insider quoted a source inside the Rockets that said that theyve been receiving offers for Ming, not Williams.

This is also what Doc Rocket (who has insider sources) have stated. The teams are trading up for Ming.

Where do you get your information from other than pulling it from your ass.

I swear some people will just make sh** up and expect people to accept it as fact.

Where is your source that most teams that are trading up are after J Williams.

If this is your opinion fine, but don't make that BS up when you have no clue what's going on.

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

3. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

How many gambles at #1 have worked?

And I love that clip of Ming, too bad its against of no talent NBA rejects and no talent Chinese scrubs.

4. mfclark

mfclark Member

Who is to say Yao Ming is a huge gamble? He's the consensus #1 amongst a good 60% of the teams in the draft and consensus top 2 by them all. If Jay Williams is proven and similarly consensus top 2....then that must say something about Jay not really being proven or Ming being better than you give him credit for.

And let's not forget that 90% of college players never make the NBA, so at least the NBA rejects in the Chinese leagues have some experience to their credit. Talk about NBA rejects - just look in the college ranks.

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

every pick is a gamble, so every #1 pick that produced a good player worked out.

Funny how you prop up Gasol and rag on Ming despite the fact that they both played in inferior leagues.

6. Houstone

Houstone Member

7. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'd trade Steve for Gasol......

8. Panda

Panda Member

Are you Jerry West or the Grizzlies owner?

According to my crystal ball, it's the other way around.:D

You need some serious update on Carrol Dawson's words. No link will be given. Go do your homework.

Gazol would go ape **** as in "ape acting"? Do you mean that Pau would beg Ming "Ming, ming, don't be mean" then Ming would say "I won't be mean if you act like an ape?" ;)

Yeah, Odom is a proven player. He is a proven pothead. A proven spoiled kid who has the privilege to play in the NBA and waste that preciousness on weed. You can wait to see if he turns around, but don't call people who don't wanna wait on him delusional.

9. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Well atleast I'm not Spanish, and not biased like you are.

Grizzlies wouldn't trade Pau for golden child Ming

Everyone but the Knicks would pick J-Will. I am a firm believer of that. He's the smarter choice, once a team finds out what you have to do to get Ming they'll pass, everyone of course without a stud PG.

Houston got put into a risky situation. Don't be surprised for them to take the risk, which they shouldn't do with better options to take.

10. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I wonder if NYKRULE has anything better to do than sitting in front of his monitor all day to bash yao ming... :rolleyes:

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

yah, just keep telling yourself that and maybe it'll come true.

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

NYKRule is just wishing we'd take the 7 and Camby for the 1

13. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I have said numerous times I'm happy the Knicks don't have the first pick as they'd spend it on Ming, and Peter Vescey is full of ****.

But people on this board don't remember/retain that because you have to do something like this to get the attention of many posters.

And no, I didn't do this for attention. I did this because Pau Gasol is better than Yao Ming.

14. Darth West

Darth West Member

This is a trade I wouldn't even think about doing (from Memphis point of view) ... Gasol put up awesome numbers for a rookie and he really showed that his game is suitable for NBA ... The way Gasol played and progressed last year suggest that there is chance he will become something really special ... I think it would be stupid to trade a young player with unlimited upside that showed he belongs in NBA for a rookie that could become a bust, sure he might be great but then again he might not ...

If I am desperate for a center I would much rather wait for the next few drafts and try to get another super prospect as ... Darko Milicic, Sophocles Schortsianitis, Jianlian Yi or if they are not available go for a Perkins or Marcus ... then trade away Gasol ...

15. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

Pau Gasol is taller than Ming if you put Mings t-rex arms into the factor. Most centers are just as tall when you put their reach into factor. And Ming stands no chance a stoping Shaq, even if he is 7'5'', because shaq is still heavier, stronger, and more capaple against the pyhsical NBA competition, which Ming won't be able to handle, and he'll foul out like you did everytime he has played anyboby worth a crap. Lets be honest Pau Gasol on any NBA great could post Mings numbers if they played in China. chris Owens even balled The China team out for thirty points and would anybody waste their number one pick on Chris Owens...

NO!!! Ming's soft and players like Kobe, Vince, T-Mac, Finley, and Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, probably cant wait to posterize this chump

16. Shark Rocket

Shark Rocket Member

Ming will eat Gasol raw, period.

17. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I could say something about what Gasol would do raw, but I believe I could be banned for it.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Baller, I wish you would change your moniker because you give Longhorns a bad name with comments like that. Ming is 7'6" with a 7'4" wingspan. He can touch the rim without leaving the ground. I admit I did not see Gasol play that much but I don't think he can touch the rim flat footed. The difference between Ming and a 7 footer like shaq is the difference between Iverson or Stockton and Michael Jordan. Six inches is a lot of ground to make up regardless of arm length.

19. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

Of course not. He doesn't have to man the fry baby at Burger King for another couple of hours :)

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I must say, it's impressive to see how well y'all know Ming's game and future without seeing him play one game.