1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming for Paul Gasol?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketForever, Jun 8, 2002.

Tags:
?

Would you trade Yao Ming for Paul Gasol?

1. YES

23 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. NO

36 vote(s)
    61.0%
  1. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Most of the people agree that Paul Gasol should have been the #1 pick last year. Would you trade Yao Ming for Paul Gasol?

2. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

The Grizzlies wouldn't trade Pau Gasol for Ming.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Personally, I would rather have Gasol than Ming. However, I am not so sure Jerry West feels that way...

4. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Ming has a much better chance than Gasol vs Shaq!!

Gasol is nice but Ming is better.

5. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Shaq will be a nonfactor when Ming and Gasol are in their primes. Gasol's prime will be much, much better than Mings.

Gasol.

6. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

NYK,

And exactly how many games have you seen Ming play :rolleyes:

Frankly, I think Lil Bow Wow's prime will be much much better than Calvin Murphy's grandson......

7. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Ming is not a number 1 pick. If the Knicks ever robbed the Rockets of the 1st pick, I'd want them to pick Jason Williams. The stereotype of NY isn't true at all, as most of you live in Texas and have no clue what the NY fans and media really wants.

8. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

NYK,

Let's see.... according to most NBA teams who are trying to trade up for the #1 pick, theyre trying to get Ming. So according to them, Ming is a #1 pick.

But I'm glad you don't think so... and what exactly do you do for a living and how many games have you seen Ming play?

9. Panda

Panda Member

I'd rather watch how Yao swats the sh*t out of Gazol than watching how Gazol tries to shoot over Yao.

10. moomoo

moomoo Member

With Yao's gator arms, Gasol might have a higher reach than Ming. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Uh No. Yao can touch the rim flat footed.

12. mfclark

mfclark Member

The Rockets wouldn't trade Ming for Gasol. The only reason why the Grizz wouldn't trade Gasol for Ming is the perception that he won't play in Memphis and that West wants to win now, not in a year or two.

If New York ever traded for #1, it would be for Ming. Taking him over Jay Williams says a lot about how good Ming is/is going to be.

13. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

"Let's see.... according to most NBA teams who are trying to trade up for the #1 pick, theyre trying to get Ming. So according to them, Ming is a #1 pick. "

Everyone but the Knicks would be trading up for J-Will. I don't know where you got that from.

And please Panda, thats just crazy talk. Gasol would go ape **** on Ming if Ming ever had to guard him.

14. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

From ESPN INSIDER:

While several teams did their best to play down Yao, a Rockets source told Insider that Yao is still their man. "If Yao can't play, then why are we getting so many offers for him?

Yes, NYK, the Knicks are the ONLY team that would make Yao the #1 pick... :rolleyes:

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

#14 RIET, Jun 8, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2002
  15. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

how sure are you of this?
    how about putting something on the line if the two ever play each other?

16. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

17. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I would put a lot on the line. Ming and his goofy self won't be able to contain Gasol.

And I wouldn't put my money on ESPN Insider. Many teams can be trying to trade up to get the #1 pick, but most of the teams except for the Knicks WITHIN REACH would be picking J-Will.

I'm happy for the Rockets. I just can't believe the management will pick the unproven Ming.

18. tbagain

tbagain Member

Ming is still a question mark.

Gasol is going to be an all-star for many years.

1 billion Chinese might want a Rocket's jersey.

Money vs. proven talent.

I go with Gasol, but the Rocket's owner should go for the cash.

19. mfclark

mfclark Member

Inherently, no draft pick is proven. Gasol was just as unproven last year, coming from Europe.

20. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Jason Williams is proven. Trading the pick for a proven player (Odom is a proven player, no matter what delusional people might say) is a good choice too. Gambling the first pick can only lead to disaster, Celtics, Clippers, and Warriors style.