1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Bandwagon Sign up...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by u851662, Jul 15, 2002.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

If the rockets make it deep into the playoffs, say the second round (that's deep for the rockets nowadays), would you consider Ming to be a bust if he only averages Cato like numbers?

2. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

The Bet is on I just need some numbers that you guys can agree on. I also need a Batter to step up to the plate on if/when (smile) you guys loose, will be the person to buy me and my boys drinks. Now you cant et something for free. Who is the number one Yao Ming Support? who is piloting the wagon?

3. u851662

No, if we make it into the playoffs and he contributes, then for a first season guy I would not call him a bust. If we make it to the playoffs and he doesnt contribute then I still wont call him a bust. You cant call someone a Bust after their first season. But if when he does play, he looks goofy and clumsy as all hell. If he can only hit a Jumper (IE: Matt Bullard style but Matt understood his place) and not defend the middle, I will loose my optimism. I got to give him a shot, I mean damn he's a Rocket now. But I must admit I am not High on him or convinced yet. Must see him play in our league first...

4. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

I'm in...

Ming will be a good player...maybe even great but not at 1st.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i'm in too. for sure.

Let the rockets dynasty begin

6. u851662

Is there anyone against Ming? speak up if you are. Dont say why, Not in the mood for flame wars today. Keep it cool and to the point lets see if we can get one group to take care of the other w/drinks.. Need a Yao Minger to step up and buy if they loose. Maybe we can get Yao to buy the drinks.Probably not, he will probably need every penny he has since his native government is going to rob him of all his money...

7. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

how about all the people who are for ming beat up the people who are against ming...

what do you guys think?

:)

8. Valio!

Valio! Member

Ming bandwagon??? I call shotgun!!

9. Since75

Since75 Member

I'm riding, in fact, I'll drive the bandwagon. Two thumbs up and the beer of choice is Heineken( it's an acquired taste). What's the criteria though for what could be considered progress to make us Rocket fans look forward to the future. 10pts. 10rebs. 3.5 blocks? Just wondering.;)

10. mrbasketball

mrbasketball Member

11. Panda

Panda Member

Two thumbs up and two big toes up.

12. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I'm on the Yao bandwagon. In fact I will step up and contribute some money if we lose this bet. But I do need a little backup here. I can't buy all the drinks myself, my wife would kill me. :D

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He will be good IN THE FUTURE if INJURIES dong get him.

14. Col. Crap

Col. Crap Member

Ming and beer, woohoo!!

15. Holden

Holden Member

im on the bandwagon. two thumbs up. break the bottle of beer over my head please. life dictates as such.

:(

16. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

I'm in a bit of a quagmire right now. On one hand I can't stand Yao Ming(or Ming Yao, which is it?) and dread the day that the Rockets selected him. On the other, he now plays for my favorite team and I'm left no choice but to cheer for the guy. I now actually want Ming to do well, but I'm left with the reality that he won't. I mean c'mon, the fact that the dude was tooled by ZhiZhi Wang doesn't exactly bode well for him. Seriously, Danny Fortson looks like a Hall of Famer compared to Wang and Shaq called Fortson "an average high school player." On top of all of this, if Ming can even put up solid numbers at the start of his NBA career, he won't do it past mid-December. The guy's playing all summer for his Chinese national team and will be balled out by the time the NBA season comes around. The Rockets are going to have to hire a chiropractor to work aside Keith Jones specifically for Ming. Yao's a giant stress fracture waiting to happen. And oh, for my choice of beer, Coor's Original, please.

17. wangfan

wangfan Member

ElGrandeQueso,your thoughts are understandable.
    I think ming will need some time to adjust to NBA. Maybe in the first two years, ming won¡¯t show huge impacts.But he will up,up and up. His path of improvement will enjoy all of us.When o¡¯neal fighted under the shadow of Olajuwon,nobody forsee his three rings.If ming can agitate teammate¡¯s confidence and make rocket a real united team, it will be much better than his personal performances.
    GO rockets, GO ming, GO wang, Go barteer.

18. guest

guest Member

thumbs down. not all the way down though. i just think he is unproven,and doesnt deserve all the hype. hopefully i'm wrong.

19. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

BEEEEEEEEEER!

20. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Well..I agree with you on this one. But there are a lot of bashes out there too though. Some people who have never seen him play for one minute has already come to the conclusion that he's the second coming of Shawn Bradley (because they are both 7'6"?) and therefore he's doomed to fail. Does he deserve of all those bs?