1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Bandwagon Sign up...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by u851662, Jul 15, 2002.

1. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

Okay lets do this for fun one time. All the folks that think Yao Ming is going to amount to something reply to this thread with a thumbs up. All the folks who dont think Yao is going to amount to much but a 8 point a game 7'5 footer give me a thumbs down. Here is the kicker, if Ming shows any kinda talent this upcoming season that leads us Rockets fans to be optimistic in the future, I will buy each one of you guys on the Bandwagon a beer (your choice). However if he doesnt look so bright his first season (I need one Bandwagoner to step up here) you guys buy the folks who never thought he would amount to anything, you guessed it.. A BEER! So who will it be to step up to the challenge. Please no Flames this is being done in all FUN!

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'll step onto the bandwagon of Yao. However, how do you expect to buy all these people a beer. We fans are spread across the country.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ill go thumbs up for yao!

but i dont drink beer. i'll take a hawaiian punch. lol

4. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

i think yao will be awesome, but he needs time to grow with the rockets.

i think somebday he will be a great player for us, today? i dunno.

i dont drink beer, can you buy me a freeze pop instead? :)

yay yao!

5. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I'll go thumbs up, and I'll take a Bud Light when the time comes :D . Yao will eventually turn into a great player, but it might take some time. I hope your not planning on getting these beers at the game where they are $5.50 a piece.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thumbs up for me, I can't wait for the big fella to be patroling the lane for our Rockets.

DaDakota

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't drink, but, I think Yao will have a significant impact on the Rockets this year. However, he will not be the focus of the offense or even the defense. His numbers will not be impressive, but his presence will boost the performance of others. Eventually, he will be a league standout. Maybe, 2-3 years. :)

8. Old School

Old School Member

C'mon, man...I started the thread on the Yao train weeks ago!! I thought you guys were already on board.

os

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Thumbs up.

Can I have a pineapple cranberry papaya juice?

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

SIGN ME UP!!!

11. u851662

For Fans only in Houston, unless you want to fly down and meet. I am serious about this if he turns out to be a good player. I will by everyone on the bandwagon a bear or what ever drink they want. You have a $5 limit. But if he is garbage, you guys have to hook me up... :D Come Yao Ming'ers where is the rest of the wagon???

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

*Sigh* Peer pressure. Thumbs up for me!

13. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

thumbs up from me :cool:

14. B

B Contributing Member

I'd like to know what you consider good or bad. What is the time frame for this friendly bet? Also, are we going to take the amount of time he is in the game into account? If he scores 8 points a game in 12 minutes in play, I'd say that's pretty good. Also, he may only score 8 points in 30 minutes of action, but have a 64.1 fg%. I'm all for giving Yao a thumbs up depending on the criteria he is being judged against.

B

15. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Thumbs Up...(bud light)...I love you man...oh that's right, I don't have to ask!

RR

16. Stylez

Stylez Member

Thumbs up for me.

He's gonna be better than most NBA scrub centers just on his height and his jumper alone and as soon as he adjust to the physical play and his able to play 30+ min. a game, watch out! :)

17. u851662

Well, we will judge on how he plays. How many points/blocks/assist/Minutes did Cato average? I personally think his number wont be any better than Cato's. We can judge on that, and we can give HONEST assesments of where we really think he is going. I tell you what, lets get an average of what you guys think he is going to be capable of this year. The only thing that can void the bet is if he gets injured. Other than that, no excuses, if he doesnt get the minutes that some of us project than OH WELL! If for some reason Rudy benches him "OH WELL" If for some reason he gets 40mins a game then I wont complain and say unfair... So ya'll put together what you guys think he will average per game by the end of the season. I will even do one better, even if he is not hurt, We won factor in games he didnt play at all into his average. On games played and points/blocks/steals averaged in all those games put together. So I will wait for some numbers from you all. But I alos need someone on the Ming-wagon to step up and buy me some drinks if he doesnt live up to the averages that you all come up with. So who is going to be the MAN and step up?

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thumbs up!!!!! But don't expect too much during his first season...there will be ups and downs...

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

I think Yao will be a force on defense his first season.

The offense may take a few years to come around, but I think it will.

So, one thumb up on D and a slower rising second thumb up on O.

20. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

I'll jump on the bandwagon. I think Yao will end up being worthy of the number one pick. I trust in the decisions that Rudy and CD have made. They have a great history of drafting players, so I see no reason to doubt this selection. I think Yao will average around 12-14 points a game and around 8 rebounds. But, yes, include me on the Yao Ming bandwagon.