1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Good thought.....straight up!

2. Mr. Space City

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xa6AEtNj3kc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xa6AEtNj3kc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

3. rox81

rox81 Member

I appreciate that Yao's career is over.

Next.

4. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

5. sandiegorocket

He literally gave his career for the Rockets. It's sad that it couldn't have been longer because all-time greatness was waiting to be unlocked, but he was still pretty damn good in his short time here.

6. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Thanks for all the good years Yao!

7. namo

namo Member

Wish you all the best, thank you sincerely

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agreed.

As Wilbon just said Yao has A LOT to do with the global emergence of the NBA. A TON. Yao should be retired and appreciated for ever. He never reached his prime, that is what is really sad about it.

9. RyanB

RyanB Member

He is one of the greatest athletes ever
    never complains, humble, modest...
    Wish him a good post basket-ball life

10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Well, he literally gave his all for the Rockets.

11. m0lson

m0lson Member

Think he is done. It is unfortunate if think about what could have been. I remember the beginning of the 2006-2007 like it was yesterday. Yao was in MVP form before he broke his leg, and the injuries just kept coming after that. Another player who had the potential to be great if not for injuries.

12. bmthint

bmthint Member

much love for ya big fella

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/daXQN58sv1s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/daXQN58sv1s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Seeing what wilbon just said brought a tear to my eye his dominance happened before he hit his prime its so sad we never got to see what yao could have been I really believe greatness was waiting for him a championships for the rockets. I'm a huge rockets fan and yao ming is just one of the many players I have loved but its time to move on. But I will nvr forget what he gave to this franchise he made us relevant and hopeful contenders for 3 straight years we should all be thankfull for that. All u have to do is look at the knicks and see who long the have waited to become somthing again we were extreamly lucky to even have the hype we got it was exciting not many fans get to experience that and we did for 6 yrs. Love ya yao have a good life and if u wanna make a comeback ill be rooting for ya.

1 person likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone check on Pryuen
    make sure he doesn't do the Dark Knight jump in Hong Kong.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nice. You don't deserve the Rockets -- you should be a Clippers fan.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I love you.

17. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

thanks Yao your work ethic is world class, you showed us alot of Heart and we will miss u...Good Luck with the Sharks and most importantly being a dad...now get some rest and relax

18. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His class and sense of humor will be missed. Another Rockets' era comes to an end, I wonder who our next great player will be....

19. delta69er

delta69er Member

I'll always remember when he put up 23 points in the fourth quarter a few years back to beat the wizards.

Also his first game against shaq

The first half of the06-07 season b4 he hyperextended his knee when he was beating down on other teams like "clubbing baby seals"

That game 1 against the blazers when pussybilla decided to think that he was capable of stopping yao

When he came back in game 1 against the lakers from the tunnel to hit a shot and seal the win.

His hard work, humbleness, weird but lovable sense of humor, and all the great moments that he gave us.

I'll always be proud to say in the future that I grew up cheering for yao ming in a rockets uniform.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Nothing but best wishes for Yao in his future endevours, where ever it may take him. Although I do hope he simply retires, and be able to enjoy the rest of his life before he gets rolled around on a wheelchair. Just leave the game with your dignity Yao.

Despite the constant on the court disappointments, I still respect Yao as a person and glad to have him on the team for the past years.