1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming 2016 HOF Class

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by i3artow i3aller, Dec 14, 2015.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Congrats Big man! Wish you were here now.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao was completely about the Rockets, he was never about his brand and he never made any weird excuses

Yao was real

3. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Congrats Yao!

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Was. Is. And Shall Always be Genuine.

Now hes a bidness man and all about his wine and his Sharks, along with his other countless ventures. Oh yeah, hes also saving the planet at the same time.

If Hakeem is the greatest Rocket ever, Yao is just a notch below him in my book. Very happy for him.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You didn't know Yao has become a Harden only fan in 2016? Where have you been?

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This. Yao didn't meed a brand to be recognized for what he was. An all time great who's career was undeservedly cut short.

7. ibm

ibm Member

sometimes i think maybe it's a bit harder to be the franchise player of the houston rockets than to be on many other teams. hakeem and yao have set the bar high...

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

At the risk of sounding ugly, I have to imagine Yao's international popularity contributed to his HOF election. He played such a short career and even that time was plagued by injuries.

9. Orange

Orange Member

Here you come to tear down someone who's not white.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

I think he was famous enough to make it, which for me, is part of it. He had character. He changed the game to some degree. I'm not sure he earned it on the court though as he was not legendary on the court. He was quite good, but not a legend.

11. bigtexxx

Get that garbage out of here. Total BS. I don't care what color Yao is.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Congrats Yao! Totally deserve a spot in the Chinese Basketball Hall of Fame.

13. ibm

ibm Member

what did you say? :rolleyes:

14. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Shame on those who are hating on this. Though I imagine it's more trolling to get a rise out of ppl. This man was a true Rocket. Any self proclaimed Rockets fan should be happy for him and congratulatory because he played his heart out for this team and did it with grace and modesty. No need to play devil's advocate and belittle this man's accomplishments. Let's just be happy.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No *****

16. bigtexxx

I'm happy for him, but come on, it seems like some outside forces contributed to this. Last time I checked, "being a true Rocket", "grace" and "modesty" don't get you into the Hall.

17. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

All players inducted to the HOF are evaluated on their entire body of work. For some, it includes their collegiate career. For others, their coaching. In Yao's case, it's the combination of his international influence both on/off the court. People, not saying you, that are nitpicking and saying Yao doesn't deserve to be in the HOF, don't understand that being selected for the HOF isn't solely based upon the player's NBA playing career, but rather it's many other factors.

18. ibm

ibm Member

its bball hof, not nba hof.

1 person likes this.
  19. bigtexxx

ok that makes more sense.

I just went to the HOF website and did see quite a variety of folks. For example, the "Harlem Globetrotter team" is a member, as well as Coach K from Duke.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeah, they really should make an NBA only HOF but it will never happen. It really should though.