1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is going to college

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rayrocket, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Yao's partying habits have his friends worried. At first it started out as playful fun, now his binge drinking has gotten out of control. Will Yao's friends go through with an intervention? See next time on Yao: Big man on Campus

2. YourSecretLover

Who want to sex YAO MING?!

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

I pity those who have to sit behind him during lectures.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I bet Yao is one of those nerds who sits in the front of the class, and always raises his hand whenever the professor asks a question.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

jokes aside is Yao thinking about going to school in China? I think it may be better for him to find a school here in the states. He is going to stand out (physically of course) wherever he goes but he will be put under a crazy microscope there. Imagine if he turns in an assignment late or does not do too well on a test it will just become news all over and just cause more pressure on him.

I mean here people will talk about him around the campus and say "Yao is in my stats class etc" but the only way he would make the news or just general gossip/conversation is when he graduates.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He might not be going to "college" right away.

According to an interview with one of his managers (link below), Yao missed out on quite a bit of schooling back in the days, he is planning on maybe starting "catch up" classes at the middle school level.

http://sports.sohu.com/20110721/n314048185.shtml

Yao Ming = the Chinese "Tommy Boy"? Somebody will buy the rights to that reality series, no?

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

lol...zing!

8. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

I luved that part as a kid.

9. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

"Papa said with your height you could play back up center for the rockets." haha

As his red rocket vision burns threw the cow turds..

[​IMG]

10. SugarLandDream8

He's going to run his team the Shanghai Sharks. Most likely be the GM/owner. Pretty sure Yao will be going part time to a school close to his team.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Congrats to Big Yao!

Yao Ming graduates from Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SI)

Former Chinese basketball player and Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Famer Yao Ming graduated from China’s Shanghai Jiao Tong University on Sunday. He took photos with his family and delivered a speech to other graduates on campus.

“At a certain stage in the future, you should try to combine your future with the future of the society, because that’s how you can find larger space for yourself to explore,” said Yao.

“Let me quote a famous conversation that happened on a basketball court 11 years ago, 'This is going to be your league in a little while.' Trust me, when a man spends seven years in university to graduate at age 38, he knows what he's talking about," he added.

Yao enrolled as an economics student in the university's Antai College of Economics and Management in 2011. Besides studying, he also participated in many events on campus. He worked as a representative for the university’s 46th sports meeting. He also conveyed his well-wishes at the 120th anniversary of the university.

As someone with a full-time job, Yao had less time to dedicate to his studies than his fellow students, which made it more difficult for him to complete his degree. He mentioned that there were several times when he came so close dropping out, especially when he was taking courses in higher mathematics.

Yao also expressed his gratefulness to his parents, who made him promise before he joined the CBA at the age of 17 that he would return to school.

[​IMG]

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Htine...

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's going the Magic post retirement route.

The fatter he gets, the bigger his bank account.

You'll get your Fat Burgers across Shanghai and your own Dodgers soon, Big fella.