1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao in his prime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josephduyho03, Jul 26, 2009.

?

Can Yao lead the 93-94 Rockets to a championship like Hakeem did?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No

416 vote(s)
    82.4%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

blackknight and i have been conversing fine without you following me in every thread.

you could call me my previous moniker too, "tinman".

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

don't want to interrupt the convo, but what pippen did was a disgrace. i never even consider a him a rocket. hell, i don't even want to talk about him. thinking about him makes me sick. his career was MADE by michael jordan. and yet i've heard him say he's BETTER than michael. what a tool.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

finally an entertaining thread and here I thought clutchfans was going to disappoint me today.

Aces clutchfans!

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I can't give you any more rep points dude.
    I have to wait awhile.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, i am not the guy who loves maxwell despite the fact he quit on the team. I only root for players who respect the organization.

I would never root for Pippen, and I'd never root for Maxwell.

6. ThaBlackKnight

I should've worded that better...during the playoffs, Pippen didn't leave...he, Dream, and barkley had great performances...outside of Game 2 for pippen and game 3 for Dream (but we won so didn't matter)

I agree him demanding a trade did screw us over for years, but in my opinion we were gonna be a lottery team anyways the next year anyways...our core was just too old and Mobley was not a point guard. Dickerson had to retire because of injuries, and we had bad contracts stacked up.

I do commend Barkley for taking the minimum, but luckily the Rockets rightfully paid him 9 million the following year, he deserved it.

but Pippen signed a long term deal for 17 million in the early 90s and didn't get paid according to other all stars in the league. He had to take the $ while he could...

But the Rockets shoudn't have committed long term to a 33 year old Pippen...just another dumb move by CD...he was eager to replace Drexler, but Pippen was a completely different player than Drexler and not as good as Drexler offensively...he relied on his athleticism and length a lot and that goes away at 33.

Drelxer was productive til age 37 because he had skill and strength...his athleticism was declining by 96 with injuries.

7. ThaBlackKnight

I am by no means a Pippen supporter (his rockets days) but it should've never happened in the first place.

He was 33 with a bad back (missed 22 games in 98) had issues in the playoffs. Yet, CD still went after him for "one last run" instead of going after younger talent.

But what Pippen did was wrong...all I'm saying is, ATLEAST he played int he playoff games and did decent.

But compared to what Max did in 95, Pippen doesn't look as bad...still bad, but just not as bad...I was as pissed as anybody when that whole thing went down and I was old enough to remember that very well.

Max leaving a team that won a title the year before because he wasn't getting palying time is inexcusable to me...

they are both inexcusable, but Pippen atleast suited up and played before he left...Max could've cost us a title...guess it was addition by subtraction with him, luckiily.

I was glad he didnt' win another title in Portland...only time I rooted for Shaq and Kobe.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Maxwell played for how many years for the Rockets and had how many great moments?

I did post articles on how Max and the team/Rudy reconciled. Where's the Pippen reconciliation?

Did Maxwell badmouth his Rocket teammates? According to my article, they are still his friends (even today, Kenny talks fondly of him on TNT)

And how many years did Scottie play for us?

9. tinman

Supporting Member

haha, sure you never rooted for Maxwell. That means you never rooted for the Rockets in the early nineties at all.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Are you like 8 years old? I stopped rooting for Maxwell when he threw the team under the bus.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

No Lou Yorker,

that's nice you stopped rooting for him.
    some of us still appreciate what he did for us and forgave him for his remorse he showed about the 95 incident. But seriously that's not why you are here. it's because of me, not the BlackKnight or Yao in his prime.

Everyone knows that. you are here because of me.

You put on your parachute pants and start dancing.

But that's not going to help you.

Cause this is the GARM.

I'm the tinman.

And you can't touch this!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIB4GB8Olss&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIB4GB8Olss&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Tinman, I would suggest you get back on topic. Everytime you bring up the link to the D&D you get the thread locked-up.

Stop bringing the D&D into the GARM. People are here to discuss basketball, not your personal obsession with my past.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I appreciate what he did for us in 1994, but that was lost when he threw the team under the bus just before the playoffs in 1995. He abandoned the team, and that is unforgivable.

He is not a Houston Rocket.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

sorry he's a Rocket. it's even in the video tribute for tradition.
    Pippen didn't make it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMzBjVIVylI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMzBjVIVylI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Where's that link that I posted here then?

You are who you are dude. Some people are probably curious why you continue to comment on my posts considering you already proclaimed you dislike my posts.

you are following me around, jumping into discussions that I have with other posters.

throwing insults. it's just like your past in the D&D.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

See, there you go again, bring in the D&D to this forum. What's your obsession?

I post in a lot of threads, unfortunately, you post so much that it's not easy to avoid you. You're posting everywhere.

I think you need to just stay on topic...let's keep this about basketball dude. No more of this D&D stuff in the GARM ok?

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I've been on topic then you seem to appear and call me names and such. BlackKnight and I were having a clean battle until you jumped into the ring like Jimmy Hart
    [​IMG]

don't expect me to be silent if you throw some stuff at me. some of us throw back, except I use my superior wit against you. At least it keeps the Clutchfans entertained.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You are definitely entertaining - but not by your wit!

I haven't called you names in this thread...but you have done that to me, and continue to do that. You were ragging on BlackKnight for being young, fact is his knowledge is fantastic, and he's a lot more humble then you.

You keep talking about how you were there in the championship years, well guess what, a lot of us were there then and BEFORE and knew the pain. You don't own anything there.

Tinman, I am going to give you a chance to bury the hatchet. I am here as a fan of the Rockets, and out of respect for this board, am willing to offer you an olive branch and let bygones be bygones. That doesn't mean I won't call you out or disagree, but if you think I am calling you names in this thread, show me where and I will apologize. But likewise, you need to stop your personal attack if not out of respect for a fellow Houston Rocket fan who is as real as a fan as you are, but for respect out of this board.

What do you say?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

the argument with BlackKnight for being young is that he's summarizing players during a time which he did not remember. You could state all the stats you want but as a fan who witnessed the team or player and the environment, he can't summarize the experience.

I already know your feelings for Maxwell, you don't have to repeat that for me. But for the people who enjoyed his play with the Rockets you can't just summarize him for one incident or one game or one series. it was more complicated than that and you know that. It's easy for someone who didn't feel the city pride after game 7, to just throw that away as luck. I can't and I won't. Its more complicated than sticking one player on a team and saying "what if".

If you are older than me and you talk about a period which I could not remember, I'm going to take your experience of it more than just what research I can find on basketball-reference.

Fine. I won't throw anything at you if you do vice versa. But don't expect to change my opinions on things about the Rockets for the sake of peace. This ain't Michael Jackson's Earth Song, this is Michael Jackson's Bad.

20. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Still love me some Mad Max (the player not the poster; although he's ok too). When he hit that dagger in game 7 all of my worries went away. There was still a minute or two left but there was no coming back from that. Houston was finally champions. For me that shot wiped away Buffalo, Denver, the Mets, and the Phillies. It was euphoric.