1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao got run out of the gym by smallball again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amare, Dec 31, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I don't question Rick Adelman's decision like everyone else. Cuz ironically he does kinda give the fans what they ask for in trying out different guys. Against the Warriors though it almost seemed like a predetermined "involve Novak" effort. I think it helped Rick go away from whats been working the previous games. Which is put Brooks and Head together for extended minutes on the 2nd unit and let them go to work. Novak in the game is good for the long run, and to his credit he played great and Rockets should have kept the lead. But this team needs WINS more than it needs to "gell".

I think penetration helps against a fronting D (or any D), and as it stands lil rookie Brooks is the one guy who can both drive and pass off the drive. OR, forget involving Yao if it bogs the team down and just sit him. Secret's been out - Yao can be gameplanned against. Thats why "sadly" this team still needs McGrady in these kind of games.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Thats all i'm saying. When teams front Dwight Howard he's killing. How many excuses must we hear?

3. tulexan

tulexan Member

When Yao was sitting out and we looked really good, I was hoping that Yao would sit for the rest of the game. We looked so much better against Golden State with the second unit.

4. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

it's 5 people's game.

5. apocclass

apocclass Member

yao needs to sit against golden state and utah, but thats not realistic. no coach in the world would have the balls to sit an all-star center no matter how bad the matchup is.

6. YaoYiPower

YaoYiPower Member

Dwight Howard wasn't fronted and double teamed without the ball like Yao. Stop trying to make Dwight Howard sound almighty cause he's not! Yao is still a better overall basketball player than Dwight Howard and it's going to stay that way whether you Dwight Howard fans like it or not.

Let's see what you haters will say in a few years when Dwight Howard loses his athletic abilities, loses some inches on his vertical jump, and Yao still improving and in his prime. I don't see Dwight Howard developing a outside J like Amare'. And Amare' is sooooooooo inconsistently right now.

7. tulexan

tulexan Member

Yao Ming
    2007-08 Statistics
    PPG 21.3
    RPG 10.6
    APG 2.4
    SPG 0.6
    BPG 2.3
    FG% 0.487
    FT% 0.866
    3P% 0.000
    MPG 37.0

Dwight Howard
    PPG 22.9
    RPG 15.5
    APG 1.5
    SPG 0.9
    BPG 2.8
    FG% 0.609
    FT% 0.595
    3P% 0.000
    MPG 39.2

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

how about this:

Season 29 29 39.5 205-428 .479 0-2 .000 121-159 .761 3.4 10.7 14.1 .59 2.90 3.28 3.34 2.0 18.3

Thats Kaman