1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao getting tired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sup123, Feb 29, 2004.

1. sup123

sup123 Member

Ive been noticing that yaos game has been slowly going down the last few games. (Maybe he is in a slump) Does anyone think that the year round basketball is starting to hit him now. I remember at the begining of the season he was averaging a double double, but as the season progressed his rebouding started to go down (maybe a sign of tired legs). I wish he wouldnt play in the summer. But i still dont get how playing 48 mintures out of day gets u tired. And i am not a yao hater, i am a big fan of him. Hopefully he will own shaq wensday.

2. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

trust me, we all know that

3. sup123

sup123 Member

lol, i didnt want everyone to think i was bashing him.

4. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

YAO was too concerned about Chinese CBA finals these days. That is why he sucked in past games.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ok. Steve was concerned about the plight of homeless families in Maryland. That's why his game has sucked this season.

6. birat

birat Member

I think Yao got disappointed when he didn't get a touch of that ball during that first 5 possessions. He was in good position at the post then Steve .. ahh don't want do this all over again.. you know....

7. farhan007

farhan007 Member

i wish you were a big fan of everyone on the team...

8. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

that's his perogative.

meanwhile, looks like Yao has these min slumps during the season. before the last 5 games or so he was in a similar one, where he's only getting around 10 points 5 rebounds a game. he's just not consistent enough yet.

yao's rebounding numbers --

Nov. 10
    Dec. 8.5
    Jan. 9.5
    Feb. 7.5

so I think he just fluctuates and will bounce back. unless this is a decaying wave function.

9. sup123

sup123 Member

when did i say i wasnt a fan of anyone else besides steve?

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I love funny posts, it is why I keep coming to this board. It is certainly not to analyze "world-class" basketball! But I wish it were!
    :D :(

11. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

I hope YAo gets some rest cause the Rox are goin into enemy territory against the Fakers. I wanna see Yao take it to ****** Shaq agian like last time.

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

:D

13. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

We all know. He is just not good at "dishing out assists" to ppl.
    :D

14. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

He's probably staying up too late playing video games, and surfing the net.......notice that sometimes he looks like he just woke up, and isn't shaved.......

...sleep at night, Yao, sleep.......

......as I look at the clock........1:30am.....:eek:

15. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

the only thing he is getting TIRED of is getting called for ticky tack fouls early in the game.

The guy gets hacked everytime down, and only gets a call once every 3-4 times - then he gets tripped running down the court against Portland and ends up onthe bench with his 3rd foul

(maybe this is revenge of the refs for the crying the Rox have been doing lately....)

16. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I think it's definitely fatigue. The Atlanta game is just like the 2st Yao vs. Shaq game last year. He played too many minutes and overexerted himself. The first thing to go when Yao is tired is his rebounding, then his shooting touch. This is exactly what happened last year but earlier in the month.

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I agree with this. Yao looked like he had bags under his eyes last night, like he pulled an all-nighter. Dude needs to get his rest, thats his fault if he doesn't. Either that or he should drink some RED BALLS before the game!

"I just got 40/20/10 on Shaq...THANK YOU RED BALLS!" :D

18. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

im pretty sure that yao knew that if the rockets went into the lakers game with a win on their shoulders, they wouldnt bring their A-game. how dare you blame yao for anything, everything he does is premeditated and right, like our dear president.

19. oliver_67

oliver_67 Member

Yao was injured in the game against Cleveland (hip bruise). I guess that he should be fine within 2 weeks.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Yao is tired of poor point guard play.