1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Back Sooner than Later?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by X-PAC, Jan 17, 2007.

1. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Matt Jackson on 610's Fan Feedback said that Yao was going through a light workout today. However he said that Ming thought he could make it back sooner than what the doctors are saying. Matt made a few references to a possible late Feb. date.

Just thought I'd pass on the news. :eek:

#1 X-PAC, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

wow this is great news....i hope we're in good shape though. i dont want him to come back early if its not necessary

3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please don't rush him back too soon.

4. X-PAC

Supposedly, Yao felt optimistic about it. Matt's opinion sounded like he thought it still might be the beginning to mid-March timetable but he didn't totally rule it out based on Ming's work ethic.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You guys do realize that everybody's body is different... those "weeks" on recovery time are simply based on an average of people who have had similiar (not identical) injuries.

Yao could also feel great today, and feel lousy the next 3 days... that's the nature of any healing process. (unless you're Wolverine).

6. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Yao expected to return early?

Just heard on SR610

Yao played a little basketball recently and apperently Yao thinks he can make it back in mid Feburary but as we all know his doctors said not until March but Yao also said that doctor's decision can change to earlier date!

This means Yao is feeling great about his leg and is confident enough to say something like that!

7. X-PAC

I'm glad someone else heard this. :D

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I think what they're saying is Yao could be fully healthy and ready to go by February .... but probably won't work his way back in to a Jeff Van Gundy rotation until late March.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

9. Nice Rollin

yeah we know dr. nick

10. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If he says so that is great. Once I broke my wrist and the doctor said it would be 8 weeks. On week 4 the doctor replaced my cast with a splint, and said 4 more weeks of recovery. By week 6 i threw the splint in the trash can cuz my wrist was feeling fully functional, no pain at all. (Of course, I did this after i went to the doctor again to consult with him)

11. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Aren't players always more optimistic than doctors? It's only natural for Yao to say he is ready before the doctors say so.

12. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

So funny, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

13. windfern

windfern Member

Pls dont rush your legs Yao. We need you in April to beat the Mavs in the first round.

14. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

:D The way Rafer and Lucas are playing right now, who needs a big guy.

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Please dont play with my emotions. i'll give anything to have the big fella out there. this is the best news i've heard all year. :D

16. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

No rush big fella. No rush at all.

We could have won the Mavs game if he was in there but it's OK, he needs rest.

If he's fine, play his ass, if not, rest his ass. :D

We're staying afloat without him so when he gets back he doesn't have to help rescue a lottery team...

17. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Yeah I heard it too on the radio! this is a good news shows how well Yao is and how eager he is to come back hich means hungry Yao!! I think Yao would've had a great chance of being the league MVP hadn't he gotten injured!

#17 Riz, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  18. Nice Rollin

exactly...no rush until we fall out of the playoffs, which i doubt we will. even if we go in the 8th seed we'd still can beat any team in the west i think

19. docgundy

docgundy Member

I think the All Star Game should be Yao's exhibition/preseason. Run up and down the floor, hog the ball a little. Then get ready to play 1st game after the break.

20. Nice Rollin

he can do that at practice