1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Yankees v. Tigers

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by geeimsobored, Oct 3, 2006.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Anyone else watching this?

The Yankee lineup is just murderous row. I'm not sure baseball has ever seen such a dominant lineup. EVERY batter has gone to an allstar team. Their #9 hitter is hitting over .340. The middle of the lineup (Abreu, Sheffield, Giambi, A-Rod, and Matsui) are all 100+ RBI hitters when healthy and all of them are capable of 30+ homers (with the exception of Abreu who has fallen off in that department)

But their pitching is average so teams will always have a chance. But good god, that lineup is just incredible to watch.

2. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

go YANKEES WOWOWOWOWOHAHAHAHSA{JSHTSJTS
    SDF

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Wangsta for Cy-YOUNG

Jeter for MVP

4. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

the yankees lineup is absolutely insane, there's no doubt about it

what's even more incredible is that they alternate left-hand batter to right-hand batter all the way down the lineup (Posada in the 8th spot is a switch-hitter). ridiculous.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yeah that lineup is unbelievable, one of the absolute best in history, maybe the greatest ever if they go on to win the championship.

that said i'll never root for the yankees. i just don't see the fun in what they do. i'm going for the underdogs.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Wang has been so sick all year.

I'm no Yanks fan, but Jeter's postseason success continues to amaze. Or, consistency in being good, I guess, since his avg is the same as it is during the reg season.

Wonder if Beltran will continue his story back in the postseason..

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's hard not to be in awe of the Yankees year in and year out. That said, I'm pulling for the Tigers. The Yanks are just a bunch of mercenaries.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No it's not. If they did it with a relatively comparable salary to the majority of the rest of the league, it would be. But they don't. So I'm not. And I'm rooting against them harder than any other team in sports.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Pity the Tigers - make the playoffs for the first time in 17 years and this is what they have to face. But they could have avoided this if they hadn't gotten swept by the Royals.

Anyway, I have little hope that the Tigers win this series. The best hope for the Yankees losing will be in the ALCS to either the Twins or Athletics (whose offense is so puny). I am just hoping and praying so much that the World Series doesn't wind up being the Yankees against the Mets. God that would suck ass so much. :(

10. lalala902102001

I think the Yankees are going to win it all this year.

There, I jinked them...it's called the curse of lalala.