1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YahooSports: Artest weighing other options

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tnluong84, May 19, 2009.

1. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Interesting input. However, I doubt Ron would give up NBA basketball just for the money. It seems like he's wants to improve his social stock within American Basketball. Olympiakos would benefit incredibly if this pans out.

2. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

It is still too early to talk about Ron's choice, i understand this is probably his last contract. For the guy like Artest, if you looked back the league history, there is nothing wrong if he signed a 10+m a year for 4,5years something. Of course, being a rocket fan, also current economic situation, it could hurt his value a little bit. However, there're still a lot team out there, looking for second or third option of the team, like MAVS, Hawks, even Spurs... I understand those teams don't have money, but i'm not surprise if they work something out the get Ron. I start to feel some of you underrate Ron too much, in the end the day, this guy has been wonderful teammate, willing to take the back seat, being tough night in night out, and most importantly, helping us into second round.....