1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YahooSports: Artest weighing other options

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tnluong84, May 19, 2009.

1. jerryjangf

jerryjangf Member

But I think he has no card. :)

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Yea. I get chills thinking about how Battier could chase down Reggie Miller from half-court and block his shot. :rolleyes:

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

actually, there were several RUMORS that Amare was being heavily shopped before the deadline last year. If I get time, Ill check and see if I can find where that came from.

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

And supposedly the Rockets were in on those discussions.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I have read that Amare is a seriously bad teammate. He's got to be one of the worst defensive players in the league.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's not that farfetched. I'm almost certain that Battier blocked more shots in transition this year than any other player on our team.

Ok ... the "chase down" part might be tough for him. :D

7. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

he said feel unhappy because he is not 1st guy in suns. XD

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

He wouldn't be the first guy in Houston, either.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Battier don't have to chase no body down, he's always already in position.

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

he wouldnt even be the 3rd guy.........stay away from amare.......1 guy with a microfracture repaired knee is enough.

11. manotaur

manotaur Member

I've been hearing rumors that Ron Artest and Ben Gordon have been offered contracts by Olympiacos BC worth 50 million for 3 yrs, along with additional perks. I gotta think that with the way they structured Childress's contract they put in a provision that allows Artest player options each of those 3-yrs. Again its rumors I couldn't find articles to substantiate claims, but if Artest is looking for a pay day this deal really hurts the rockets chances at resigning ron. BTW in terms of the economy in Greece Olympiacos owner's wealth is tied in with Oil transport ships so he's doing well finacially and could afford contracts like this.

12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I was going to say that, but the last 4 games that he played so poorly were games without Yao. It might be a blessing in disquise that Artest sort of flamed out. The further he plays in the playoffs the better the chance he leaves. Like in the other playoff series, a lot of teams were getting into skirmishes, so Artest is needed for any sideshows. Seeing Artest around the city this past season, I believe he will stay only an obscene amount of money will brainwash him.

13. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Any player who is entering the free agency will always try to test the market but at the end of the day, Are teams willing to give what he is asking for. His best choice is to remain a Rocket.

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

If you're a FA and don't look around, you're an idiot. That doesn't mean you have to take any other offers, just look.

15. battousai

battousai Member

ron ron is looking for a big contract with long term, and Morey is trying to get it working under the limited cap space we have.

Morey is waiting to see what Yao wants to do with his option. then he will have more room to work with Ron.

I doubt with the steepstake coming up in 2010, any team would make any kind of offer to ron ron that would exceed 9 mil per yr for 2 to 3 years.

basically morey is telling ron go look, and if all else failed come back to us.

16. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

If your a free agent you are always open to all contract offers. That is just smart business.

17. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I hope we don't sign Yao to a max offer that is just crazy, if duncan can take less money to help this team i hope Yao will.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Morey's already used this strategy with great success. It's all about leverage, and Ron probably doesn't have that much of it. The problem is Ron signing a contract that he's unhappy with and reverting back to his old ways because of it. That's my biggest concern.

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

It's a business so its prudent for him to see what's out there..hope he comes back, and get a deal done...

20. dexkk

dexkk Member

Id like him back. Wasn't the most efficient scorer but hey we got out of first round with his help. :)