1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Wizards, Celts in swap talks (Rockets mention)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wakkoman05, Feb 12, 2010.

1. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I think this is just Washington looking for alternates as reports were Washington was ready to pull the trigger with the Rockets and Knicks, but there was some hesitancy from our part. As such, they need to most definitely keep looking as we are doing the same with TMAC. I still see our deal as the best one, whether its 3 way with Cleveland or NY, as we can offer Bud, possibly Scola, and multiple picks (NY and our 2nd?)...I dont see other teams giving anything but salary relief....This to me is Washington looking for good alternatives be4 coming back to us.

2. Garner

Garner Member

Very, very possible.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

From what I've read they are disappointed in him and his attitude so they might be willing to part ways if we take on his contract along with Stevenson's deal but I see what your saying completely.

4. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Sounds like the rumors are true that we might hang on to McGrady's contract. I would be extremely disappointed.

5. Garner

Garner Member

Ah. I was unaware of any attitude issues.

Anything is possible- Especially during Rumor Mill Season

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'm confused. Does this mean we are getting Ramon Sessions or not?

7. towW

towW Member

Would the Wizards really want to trade into their own division and to a team already near contending?

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I can't cut and paste tweets but Micheal Lee from the Wash Post tweeted the Boston rumor isn't true and no conversations have taken place but in another tweet he said the Dallas rumor "has the most traction". Someone please post the tweets, thanks.

9. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Eic Bucher just said on ESPN that Boston won't do the deal with Washington

10. declan32001

declan32001 Member

To me, this is the most sigmificant part of the article. Alexander & Morey damn sure don't sound like they believe this. I tend to believe Woj, but there will be dramatic ramifications if true.

11. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

*Ric Bucher

12. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Exactly.

13. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

It would be a lot of $ to take back on their part

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree 1000%, its gotta be totally bogus as if Washingtons going to give up Jamison and Butler for nothing more than expiring contracts. There GM would be a complete idiot if he trades either player and doesn't get some sort of talend in return.

15. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

butler miller i can live with that this is a better trade for the wizard

he get allen and mc grady

IS MOREY TIME

16. Back2back

Back2back Member

The whole NBA cap and the issue of expiring contracts can lead to some very lopsided deals. And it's much easier to shift the balance of power with a single trade in the NBA than in other sports (please see Gasol to LA). It's more important to match up financially than it is talentwise. Seems upside down to me.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I agree about the Jamison contract and meant to put that a better option for Washington would be a trade of Butler to Houston and Jamison to Cleveland BUT I still disagree about Allen. How is he a better option for Washington than McGrady? He's shooting the worst 3pt fg% of his career(by a long shot - pun intended) and is no longer a guy who can create his own shot. He's not going to stick around at 35 years old with his skills on the decline on a rebuilding Wizards team - that's why he forced his way out of Seattle in the first place.

For the Wizards, he's just a contract like Tmac....only Tmac for whatever reason still has A LOT of fans and can sell tickets and get people to tune into games and vote for his loafing ass. Hey, I don't think it's right - but Tmac could make them more money on his expiring contract(not to mention part of this year's salary is covered by insurance) than Allen. Plus, Tmac has something to prove and should give at least a little more effort to play for his next contract. Allen on the other hand is close to retirement age anyway and certainly doesn't have a lot to look forward to as the "star" on a team trying to get worse to get better.

.....so what league have YOU been watching? Is Allen a better player right now? I don't know - probably so but that's a moot point because Washington is looking to cut salary, get worse so they can score a good lotto pick, and if possible sell a few extra tickets along the way to slow the money hemorrhaging. Tmac certainly has the pedigree of a guy who can't pull a team together and for all the reasons I listed above, he makes a better acquisition for Washington based on their goals over the next year.

18. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Difference is, they wouldn't have to give up Haywood, and, Ray Allen can play 30-35MPG. Can TMac? Ask Philly how they're doing attendance-wise after bringing back AI.

Point is, if anything, it's Boston not wanting to tack on so much money, as opposed to the Wiz not wanting to give away players.

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Agreed, but I think you missed a key point: McGrady is more likely to re-sign with Washington than Ray Allen is. Allen's at the end of his career and will probably try to attach onto a winner - he's not going to want to stick around for Washington's rebuilding. McGrady on the other hand would probably enjoy being able to go back to being the guy on the team and the face of a franchise.

20. Prince

Prince Member

Sign of the apocalypse.