1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Van Halen to Record First Studio Album in 12 Years

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I know I'm setting myself up for a HUGE letdown getting excited about this, but I can't help it. I was never a fan of Van Hagar and now that DLR is back in the band, everything just seems right in the world again (save for him being a total whackjob and Michael Anthony not playing bass/singing backgrounds).

At the very least, I'm excited about another tour because I missed it the last time around.

Let the "Van Halen is washed up" posts begin!

2. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I bet DLR's voice sounds like ****.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope it is good, but it seems that most bands put out their best music when they are young and hungry and that when they get older their music sucks.

Let's hope they buck the trend, one of my first concerts was Van Halen....I think Point Blank opened for them....

DD

1 person likes this.
  5. raj87

raj87 Member

I enjoyed Van Halen's last single with David Lee Roth, "Me Wise Magic". That said, I suspect their new material will suffer without the presence of Michael Anthony. Eddie's son, Wolfgang, is not a suitable replacement, however, a least Asher Roth is not affiliated wih this incarnation of Van Halen.

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Not many bands have decades of success. U2 is a rare exception.

8. Bandwagoner

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Never heard of them.

10. DaDakota

Even their music has gone way downhill though.

DD

11. Bandwagoner

But they had some hits after 2000. Which is 3 decades of success.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

*JUMP!* :eek: Go ahead, Ju-ummmm*cough*cough*cough* HEY!!! Shut the door! You're lettin' in a draft!!!! :mad:

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Cool news, but Roth hasn't aged well, and the Wolfgang thing is pretty ridiculous.

Mike Anthony has actually always been my favorite member of the band - it's just not the same without him. Chickenfoot it is...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V33L8lIC8UM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V33L8lIC8UM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

not critically.

15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Yeah, because there's nothing ridiculous about following Michael Anthony to Chickenfoot.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

More bands than you think. VH has had 3 decades of relevance on the charts. Aerosmith, AC/DC have had 4. Off the top of my head.

17. Souprocket

Souprocket Contributing Member

Que sad trombone

via www.vhnd.com

Despite rampant rumors, still no official confirmation of new Van Halen album
    MONDAY, 9 AUGUST 2010
    The rumor mill went into overdrive today when Yahoo’s top story on their homepage was about the new album that Van Halen is going to supposedly release next year. The story read, in part:
    ‘Guitarist Eddie Van Halen and his brother, drummer Alex Van Halen, released a statement saying, “[Van Halen] is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011.”‘
    The only problem with Yahoo’s story is that it’s not true! Yahoo must have assumed that Van Halen wrote or at least okayed the error-ridden press release from Warner/Chappell, which included one sentence about an album that’s “due for release in 2011. But the band had nothing to do with that statement. In fact, there were so many errors in that press release that one should take the little Van Halen update that it contained with a grain of salt.
    This reminds us of what happened a month ago when Rolling Stone wrongly said that Janie Van Halen “denied” the rumors of a new album, when in reality she simply said, “What is going around is exactly that, rumors. I don’t have any updates at this time.” That’s essentially a “No comment,” not a denial.
    Yahoo’s story was picked up by Perezhilton.com & many other websites today. This is sloppy journalism and it just proves two things:
    1) There’s a lot of people in the world who really want more music from Van Halen!
    2) You shouldn’t believe everything you read, even if it comes from Yahoo, Rolling Stone, or Warner Bros.
    We at the Van Halen News Desk know that fans are getting very excited about all the rumors about a new album, but we just want to make sure that people understand that the band hasn’t promised or said anything. We don’t want people to be disappointed if next year comes and goes without an album from Van Halen. Stay tuned!

18. DaDakota

True, but who the heck listens to critics, just check the sales for the results...

DD

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

U2 sucks balls.

out.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

sales are down for pretty much everyone.