1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo: Twenty players will make more individually than Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HRockets, Feb 6, 2013.

1. HRockets

HRockets Member

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Should be exciting when some of these prospects are ready and we can spend some money in free agency to add to the talent. And have the ammo to make trades for proven players if necessary.

Too bad it'll be 3 years before that will happen.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The same national media baseball writers who have been writing this crap since the Lowrie trade (apparently the straw that broke the camel's back -- Jed mother falcon Lowrie) will be talking about how brilliant Jeff Luhnow's plan was after this team is rebuilt and starts competing again.

4. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

All according to the plan.

Sincerely,

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see articles like that that seem to have the intent of saying "Hey look at the Astros! Their payroll is low and therefore they are irresponsible to their fans!" and I get the opposite message. I mean, look at the list of players in the article who are making more this year than the Astros total payroll. In my opinion, more than half those guys are not performing anywhere near (consistently, anyway) to what they are making. It is exactly that kind of system that Luhnow and Jim Crane are trying to circumvent. You tear everything down, build through the draft and then you don't get stuck paying exhorbitant salaries to players because you are trying to improve through free agency.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

See you in 2025 then! (Just fooling with you Max! :))