1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] The Nets will do anything for you to come to their games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pete Chilcutt, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Poor Nets...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...nything-for-you-to-come-to-the?urn=nba,225353

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wow that's pretty extreme man. How are they gonna profit with all those give-aways?? And to think they want to get LerBon or Wade to sign this off season.

Maybe Jordan could buy the Nets too. Or Jay Z should buy the majority.

3. showtang043

showtang043 Member

any NYC or NJ rockets fan's like myself hit me up, I have access to front row seats, yes feet on the wood for more than 50% off, I've been to one, and it was just crazy to be up there, hearing the players talk trash so on, let me knwo if anyone wants to split tickets on a future game, cheers

4. Steve_Francis_rules

The Nets couldn't even get people in the seats when they were good. They have no chance now. This promotion is actually pretty funny.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dude they probably lost nothing on this deal and that tax company gets mad business.

I don't like when people use the word unleash in articles...

6. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

I live in NYC, and I was on the Nets telemarketing list from my last year's Rockets vs NEts game. This representative was calling me like every week describing season and mini game plans. Thank god I didnt buy into.

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

6 Win, 53 Losses.

Wow.

How can you loose 53 games. That must be moral-breaking for the players.

8. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

lol, why would the NETS out of all basketball organization have the audacity to give unemployed workers advice, what a joke :rolleyes:

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and they're not even close to being the worst team TALENT-WISE.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I have no problem with these promos and applaud them. Desperate times call for desperate measures. No harm, no foul.

Those of you in business know exactly what I'm talking about. You've done it. I've done it.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Roni Deutch is a woman? I thought it was just a dude with long hair! She's butch!

12. bushies

bushies Member

i would, i'm in philly, close enough for half off for courtside seats, only i just checked the schedule and there aren't any games there this season.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

That's what I love about having a crappy team in my state, they'll do anything to sell tix. I want to the Nets-Rockets game, I got great seats(front row of the 2nd tier, in the middle of the court) for $75 incl. tax. Plus a free program,t-shirt, and a 10% off modell's coupon For $75 I couldn't even get a seat in MAdison squre garden.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah I know, I mean, they're bad. But not these bad. I think talent-wise, the Clippers, Kings, TWolves, warriors, and wizards are worse.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I wonder if they would trade the rox brooke lopez for yao? Yao-Yi combo would sell tickets and win some games for them.

16. showtang043

showtang043 Member

bushies, yea the nets have a few more home games this season and Im sure I can get the same deal, just keep me posted look at their schedule, most the high demand games(cavs,magic) I can't get it, but lower market teams I can. I went to the game against wizards, it was still competitive fun, and nothing like sitting on the wood.

you could hear the players talking trash and all kinds of things and a courtside club in the back to hang out, so its a cool experience

17. worzel gummidge

maybe they should instead pay people to attend games...

http://www.luxist.com/2010/03/03/its-official-mikhail-prokhorov-loses-55-million-villa-leopold/

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Yup, the Nyets Russian owner is so rich, he can make admission free and it'd only put a tiny dent in his deep pockets.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and the lebrons are just embarrassing them tonight in their own home. jesus.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

they got lebron to show up by promising to let him do whatever he wants to. 16 pts and 9 asts with 8 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.