1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports Twitter] 34th pick (Sergio Llull) sold to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vstexas09, Jun 25, 2009.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Did we draft Llull for the LLULLZ?

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That looks like he got his ankle and nuts broken by that crossover... look at his legs - they split and collapse kind of awkwardly. He's not faking being fouled there - he seriously got broke. lol.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I agree. Also he has the most possible L's in a 5 letter name unless there is someone with the last name LLLLL. But he still is tied with LLALL, LLELL, LLILL, LLOLL and sometimes LLYLL

5. airmanz

airmanz Member

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I wouldn't trust that draftexpress thread. The admin claims Sergio Lull was 37 back in October 2007. It would make Sergio 39 yrs old now.

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I laughed for 5 minutes after reading this. This definetly looks like DDs future boy. Still love you DD. The kid looks extremely aggresive attacking the basket, a bit like Manu Ginobli. Could turnout to be a gem.

8. MB20

MB20 Member

I really like this pick.
    Above average (white) athlete, can hit the 3, very good ballhandling.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

With all the players no we have drafted that play overseas you'd think there was a Rockets International brand out there for getting players.

10. mms

mms Member

Will he make the team eventually? I really doubt it.

11. worzel gummidge

Spurs got the better pick in Nando De Colo IMO. De Colo wants to play in the NBA.

Llull on the otherhand is playing for a Euroleague powerhouse and if he keeps on improving the future euro contracts he might get offered could be too rich for NBA teams...

12. BetterThanEver

The Rockets did alright with the last euro PG that didn't want to play in the NBA. We turned him into Scola from the Spurs. The Spurs got rid of Jackie Butler.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

How can anyone not like this pick? Llull may not have Rubio's ball handling or BB IQ (how man guys do?) but its not like he's deficient in that area either (had some sweet no look passes). He is definitely more explosive and more physical an athlete than Rubio in any case. Not sure why the reports are saying he does not have the musculature to play in the NBA, he looks plenty strong in those clips.

I do notice that he pounds the living heck out of the ball, he's got to learn to treat the ball w/a little more TLC. :D

14. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Some Rockets Fans are just hard to pleased.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

No kidding. :D

But the more I watch this guy, the more impressed I am. Llull is tough and plays at 100 mph. Surprisingly, he has a very low turnover ratio even tho he plays balls to the wall. He looks amazing running pick and rolls, he's not as creative as Rubio, but he IS creative, not to mention athletic.

I do notice that he does not have a change of speed, he does everything with his hair on fire. But you got to love his energy, especially combined w/his relatively mistake free play.

16. worzel gummidge

Spanoulis came over to the NBA and he agreed to waive his salary to go back to Greece. The better comparison is Fran Vasquez.

17. BetterThanEver

Not even close. Llull is in the 2nd round and doesn't have the same contract limiations as Vasquez. Morey does his homework on his draft picks. Otis Smith doesn't. That's why Morey can can turn very low draft picks into starters like Artest and Scola.

18. worzel gummidge

you're missing the point.

19. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Question: how the hell do you say his name? I mean, I know in Spanish the double-L is pronounced like a "y" in most every situation, but I don't think it works with his name.

Maybe "Yule"? Like yule log?

20. tracyli2

tracyli2 Member

but he do not join in Roc next season.