1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Kenny Smith: Houston is the must-watch team in the 2nd half.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blue Brick, Feb 12, 2008.

1. tsunami

tsunami Member

then how about Magic and Yao ?

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

why are we comparing a top 3 player of ALL time to tmac? why are we comparing the 2nd best center of all time to tmac?

tmac was not totally at fault for his playoff failures. he never had a true team. this year he does. let's see what he can do with it.

from what i've seen of this team: 4 things that stick out to me
    1) we are a much more balanced offensive team (we couldn't go more than 2 games w/ 3 guys in double figures, and we have not 4-5 consistently)
    2) we don't struggle with our shooting b/c we're not as perimeter oriented. besides yao, we have scola who can post up; landry who can finish around the paint; and whenever tmac wants to penetrate.
    3) we don't panic or lack execution down the stretch. our choking tendencies were still present to start the yr (JVG-hangover?), but now it's not a problem (or at least not the last 12 games).
    4) we can score pts whenever tmac or yao is on the bench. we can make runs with just one of them if we have to.

those are 4 things that we are already better at than the teams before and we can still improve even more. and those past teams got to game 7.

if we keep improving, playoff success is just a matter of time.

3. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

No knock on Bird, but theres no way in hell I would take him over Lebron if I was starting a team.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULvo7__wwBU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULvo7__wwBU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Oh, Montana over Brady too..

5. T-mac&Yao=RING

We would still win. Becasue Magic would make our role players look like stars.

6. T-mac&Yao=RING

Who do you think is the greatest center of all times?

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

so how about tmac and yao?

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

b/c someone made the comparison earlier

we've been struggling w/ our shooting all season with the exception of a few games. to be successful, we have to be perimeter oriented. if yao gets double teamed, he needs to kick it out to a teammate. and that teammate needs to hit the open 3.

the only recent game that was tight was the minnesota game. and we did have poor execution. its just that tmac made some tough, ill-advised shots and we won. and he wont always make them.

9. T-mac&Yao=RING

If Alston can play like hes been playing the last few games. I belive we will take it all this year.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

should of said look at my signature.

11. T-mac&Yao=RING

Good point.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

heh..then my team would beat your team.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. Bird wasn't the most athletic guy around... all he did was kill you.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tony would give isiah fits.

i'll always remember how in the 88 finals or was it 87 - the one the lakers won 4-3....i remember how in game four isiah just took it to magic and magic couldn't defend and got benched with foul trouble.

If isiah hasn't been injured they would have won that series.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if your team had mchale and parish, then yes you would.

bron's team has Z and hughes.

u gotta understand both magic and bird were very fortunate to go into teams who already had TWO, not zero, not one, but TWO all-star players. those guys that magic and bird played with would be all-stars with or without them.

when you have 3 all-stars on your team, it's not very hard to win. ;)

u saw the fate of michael jordan when he went to the bulls. he didn't have the fate of great players playing with him or waiting for him when he was drafted. jordan's fate is what most young stars feel like--the true weight of carrying a bad franchise, which lebron is doing.

16. T-mac&Yao=RING

Maybe one time but not in a 7 game series.

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Man, Tinman. We need to play some NBA game online against each other. You will use the old school players while I use the current NBA stars. WE WILL SETTLE IT ONCE AND FOR ALL!

18. T-mac&Yao=RING

Yes he did kill you Bird was great no doubt about it. But if you put half the talent Bird had around Lebron it would be scary. And I'm not taking anything away from Bird becasue he is one of the top 10 playes to ever play the game.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the angry Akeem guy the Rockets got back in the 80s, he'd dunk on you and still be really angry.

I like that guy.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

put bird on last year's cavs team and they would've won at least 2 games