1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Kenny Smith: Houston is the must-watch team in the 2nd half.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blue Brick, Feb 12, 2008.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

exactly. when yao struggled on the road trip, does that mean he didn't contribute to the win? he rebounded, played defense...

the thing that still irks me is that both rarely play well at the same time. on the road, yao struggled offensively and tmac picked up the slack. at home, tmac shot subpar and yao picked up the slack.

it's strange that they both can't play well together. both are unselfish. both look to pass to one another. it's really remarkable how this is the case.

2. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Thats true Magic was a true PG that just happen to be 6'9. Tracy is a true scorer with some skills of a PG.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

its b/c they dont really look to pass to one another. there was an article that broke down the portland game somewhere in these threads. it showed that yao and tmac werent involved in too many of the same plays.

4. T-mac&Yao=RING

I don't get that either how both of them can't have a great game. I think its because when one of them have it going the other one will just sit back and watch. I mean that may be ok to do in the season but it won't work in the playoffs.

Another thing it could be that if one have a great game the other one just wants to save his engery for the next game.

5. bjshot

bjshot Member

Is it true that only playoffs are matters? Who cares about regular seasons!

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You guys cant seriously be comparing magic to tmac. magic was a true pg but he was a very capable scorer. in my opinion, his offensive game was more complete than tmac's is.

7. t_mac1

tmac looks to pass to yao all the time if they're on the same side. he's the best player on this team to pass to yao.

yao usually passes it back out to rafer or battier b/c tmac's man rarely leaves him.

8. Astockmarketgod

^ Houston HOMERS

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no one on this team has had any success in their career except bonzi wells when he was with portland...was he on that team that made it to the western conference finals against the lakers?

anyway, you have to fail before you can succeed.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

It's that old Jordan commercial!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fsZghCZlkxY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fsZghCZlkxY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

if i recall correctly, deke had plenty of success.

magic didnt.

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

I'm not trying to Compare Tracy to Magic becasue that would be crazy. Magic is the 2nd greatest player to ever play the game in my opinion.

But back to Magic I don't think if he had to score 30 points a night he could do it for the whole season and the playoffs that wasn't his game at all. Now sure he did it for a few games, but his game was to make other players around him better and nobody did that better than him.

Let me say this about Tracy hes one of the most talented player to ever pick up a basketball. The only thing thats stopping him from being great is his work ethic, he just doesn't try that hard. Let me put it this way if you put a Larry Bird or MJ mindset inside of Tracy he would be in the top 5 players to ever play the game.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

didnt mike james win a championship w/ detroit?

14. t_mac1

no wonder he sucks on this team. he can't play with a bunch of losers ;)

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Are you forgetting the 42 pts he scored as a rookie in game 7 of the finals to win the championship?

just b/c he didnt do it doesnt mean he wasnt capable of it. but he always had the best interests of his team in mind.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

magic joined a team that was already a champion-calibar club.

It's like Clyde joining Hakeem. Clyde made it happedn for sure, but there was a lot of support.

T-mac is not the reason the Rockets haven't advanced. To see it that way is to ignore the failures of his team-mates as well.

KG hasn't been able to get out of the first round much either. Is it because of him or his supporting cast?

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

Did you forget that I said sure he can do it for a few games?

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Poor lou being called out over 2 guys that dont see playing time 99 percent of the time.

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Criticisms won't stop untill Tmac and Yao achieve success in playoff!

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

guys who actually are in the rotation man.