1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Houston Rockets way ahead of schedule, team to watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Dec 20, 2012.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Kelly Dwyer is not a writer. He just takes stuff from other articles, adds a few words and try to get web hits. He's a fraud and I can't believe I clicked on the link.

2. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Make a claim like that and you better have evidence to back it up. You sound like someone who probably got told off by KD on here at some point and are pissy about it.

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

MY evidence is every article is ever posted up on yahoo.

4. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

HAHAHAHA

5. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

^ Racial unity FTW!

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Care to offer up an example?

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Not really. If your too lazy to look it up so am I.

8. dmoneybangbang

But.... but.... but if I went by what CF posters say then Roxs have no future, coach is terrible, we don't understand how to develop young players, etc. etc.

What gives!!?!?!?!?!??!

9. crash5179

Not too lazy but then again I'm not the one making wild accusations. If you can't or are not willing to prove your point then stop slandering people. BTW, I've read a ton of KD's stuff as well as other sports writers and never thought he was plagerizing anyone. I'm guessing your just butt hurt because you are not on his friends list.

10. ribbit

ribbit Member

Together, they form the Mighty Panda.

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

If you read "aton" of his stuff, can you give me a link to one that doesn't have a link to someone else work from his time at yahoo?

Here I'll help you. http://sports.yahoo.com/author/kelly-dwyer/

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He runs a blog. The format of most blogs is to link to a bunch of stuff (news stories, stats, other blogs) and then provide commentary. I don't really see an issue there. If you don't like his writing style or his basketball takes, that's another matter.

14. crash5179

So you think because he adds a link when referencing another article he is somehow slandering? really? Adding a link and giving credit is what you are supposed to do when referencing someone elses articles and there is nothing wrong to use reference another article to support your own oppinion. That's a long way from taking someone elses work and changing a few words to pass it off as his work. Sounds like you have a personal vendeta against the KD.

15. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

you must be is g/f or blind.

16. just a word

just a word Member

...so is he not supposed to cite his source? Because that would be plagiarism.

Unless you're saying that he shouldn't use quotes, which would be haphazard and not support his points/opinions.

I don't understand your problem with this guy, the blogs look fine.

17. VBG

VBG Member

9th hardest schedule out of 30 teams isn't easy.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think the biggest potential problem for the Rockets coming up is the issue of fatigue. These guys are playing more minutes than they ever had in their careers. And they're doing so in a high paced environment. I think after 40 games or so, we can easily see a stretch where they can't run as much, can't put as much effort on defense, etc. And the Rockets go on a losing streak. This is especially problamatic at the wing positions, since we basically have Delfino there(Cook sucks).

Long term, these guys will develop stamina and learn to save more energy when they play. So I don't think it will be an issue. But for this season, I can see it being a problem.

19. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Are you guys freaking stupid and can't understand? He's using someone's else work and building off that and taking that persons web hits. Without the reference, he has nothing.

Do you ever see Adrian Wojnarowskior even Jonathan Feigen linking someone else's work? No!! They write their own material.

20. VBG

VBG Member

Ok so you say yahoo articles aren't done without help.

Then you use Adrian Woj as an example of a "natural" article.

Woj writes for Yahoo.

Ok.