1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo! Sports] Ex-Laker's Huge Blunder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShutURBiG!, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

also damage control for the Lakers. Make it as if he is dumb for leaving not that they didn't ink him.

2. Chiron

Chiron Member

Man whats up with Yahoo sports??? Bret Farve is not coming back story, the Yao story, this story.... Its like a tabloid more than sports reporting at Yahoo.

DM: "Time to Pick your Game Up"

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the truth is, ron was their second option after ariza. they went for ariza first, insulted him and lost him. if they would've matched the rockets offer they could've had him. they were left spending the same amount of money on ron rather than keeping the up and coming player who's already the better defender.

ariza may be out of the bright lights of los angeles, and even the '10 playoffs. but while the lakers age, and fall apart... probably without another championship thanks to chemistry issues... ariza and the young rockets will be on the rise.

4. Jeasy713

Jeasy713 Member

Well I for one still haverfaith that between Morey and Adelman westill have a chance at the playoffs. Once we get there then i will rate whether we have a shot at the ship or not. I think without Yao and McGrady in the lineup we may have a healthier season and better chemistry come playoff time. All while Adelman actually begins to use HIS real playbook that he put away to design one that utilizes Yao. I think we will be faster and harder to defend with Ariza.

5. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Ariza is Mr Difference. He'll be the new James Posey.

6. ThaShark316_28

Last time I read the word "blunder" mixed in with something Houston related, the Texans drafted Mario Williams....just sayin...haha

That is all.

7. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

perfect comparison.

8. texascityman31

This Azz clown can go down on me. TWICE!!!!!!!!!!

9. iwubfood

iwubfood New Member

That's wishful thinking because teams that win don't fight. Ron's attitude is if you can't beat them then join them. Besides, didn't you read the article where Artest showed up when Kobe was taking a shower after losing the Finals to Boston last year and vowed to help the Lakers one day? All that jawing between Ron and Kobe is manufactured to rile up the fans but after games, they're friends. Now that he's a Laker, you can imagine Artest being the first to step in and defend Kobe against any opponent that roughs up Kobe in games.

10. arubato

arubato Member

Artest will be the defensive player of the year! Why? He's now a Laker.

11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I cant wait to see Kobe's reaction when Ron sits there and pounds away at the ball for 18 seconds. Kobe aint gonna like that.

12. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

we what? soft yao? brittle mcgrady? wacky ron? wacky von? we talk sht abt all our players when they don't do what we want them to do on a near perfect level...this has nothing to do with respect, winning is winning, and losing for money is a smarter decision than sticking around in kobe's shadows

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Steve Kerr's departure was traumatic to their staff.

Things will pick up in a year or two, if the Suns are any indication...

14. krockets

krockets Member

Getting a MLE from Houston is actually considered a higher pay compare to a MLE from Lakers. Los Angeles has a sales tax close to 10% and higher standard of living, also, a hefty state tax...

15. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

me neither and posters here keep drinking major kool aid.

16. thesaint

thesaint Member

Why sign Artest n Wafer for big contract when 2010 free agency looks so juicy. Artest and Wafer will not help team reach playoffs. While Yao n Tmac is injured, its best to move a different direction n rebuild. With Yaos n Tmacs salary dumping in 2010, Rockets can chase 2 superstars n offer a good contract. For example if Rockets sign Wade, Bosh would love to play for the Rockets n Rockets can offer both great contracts. Not to mention Rockets already got above average role players in Scola(hopefully Rockets sign him in 2010), Battier, Landry, Brooks, Ariza n Lowry.

I still believe Rockets will do some trades or sign role players to make the team better n ready for 2010 season n free agency.