1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Adelman and the Rockets could soon agree to an amicable divorce

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Apr 16, 2011.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Disagree -- any good coach would realize their best chance at winning is to put the ball in your best players hands all the time*. Mike Brown took LeBron + scrubs to 60 win seasons. I'm not a huge fan, but he's certainly not Vinny Del Negro.. he's a good coach.

*when said player is a top three player in the NBA.

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

At least we have direction, Adelman should be the first to go if Les wants this team to rebuild.

I cannot stand Miller and he will get time over Hill, Pat and Thabeet as long as Adelman is here.

3. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

So long as the rebuilding entails going after young talent in the draft and/or a rising star then that's fine. But going after a over-paid superstar that can't carry the team or make the team better would be a big mistake. In other words, if Morey gives up a lot of our young assets for a guy like Chris Bosh then I'll be ticked off. That WON'T get us any closer to a championship. Then again, maybe Les just wants to sell jerseys with a big name on the back rather than bring a championship to Houston.

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That is exactly what he should do. Put the ball in the best player's hands. However, Mike Brown didn't have any offensive sets or other plays, if that option is taken away. Phil Jackson had the triangle offense with Kobe and Jordan. Popovich put the ball in Duncan's hands but also had offensive sets that put the ball in Parker, Ginobili and other player's hands. Other teams only had to beat them by focusing on LeBron.

5. LongTimeFan

The difference is Popovich had Tony Parker and Mike Brown had Anthony Parker. ;)

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of his -- but calling him a bad coach is just ignorant.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

You don't have to have all-stars to have a top 10 offense. No all-stars and the Rockets still managed to have a top 5 offensive team with Kyle Lowry, Battier and Hayes in the starting lineup. Our offense is going to be pretty bad with Brown. There are no LeBrons' or Tony Parkers' on our team for Mike's offensive "system".

7. LongTimeFan

Mike Brown had a top 10 offense. He also had a top 10 defense. What a crappy coach!!

BTW -- two of the top five offenses in the league this year did not make the playoffs. Offense is exciting, but let's not overrate its significance.

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The sports teams in this city have become a complete joke. You got one team that refuses to fire a coach no matter what he does. Another team that's way too gun-shy. And another team that just plain sucks through and through.

I think if you combined Drayton, Les and McNair, you'll probably find a pretty balanced owner. I won't question the dedication they have to their respective franchises, just the methods they use to produce the best results possible.

I would have been for firing Adelman at the beginning of the season when the Rockets were lifeless and going nowhere. But they finally came together and made a decent run after the injury bug settled and trade rumors vanished. I would love to finally see what this team can do with some consistency heading into the next season. But I guess it's back to square one again. They'll lose whatever identity they were building on, and we'll see another rotating cast of players as the new coach seeks to build a team around his style.

If Adelman wants to go regardless of how much the organization wants him back, that's one thing. But I doubt this is the case.

Sigh.

9. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

looking for #1 pick:grin:

1 person likes this.
  10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Mike Brown is not an elite coach, but he is not as bad as people makes him seem. Team with LeBron = LeBron offense, no other way to play.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm soo excited!

12. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Poor Rick. He's every bit as good a head coach as Phil Jackson, but he'll go down in history as a "who?" 20 years from now. I guess he'll always have the 22 game win streak. Us too :(

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Bad time to change coaches and try to rebuild when, yet again, the team is so close to contending. You don't start over when you only need one or two more pieces to add to the mix. I admit that i was one of the people complaining about Adelmans rotations. I also understood that he didn't always have a complete roster to play with from the beginning. He changed my mind with that 2nd half burst and now i would like for him to stay to see what he can do with a decent big to use. He's done too much for the organization for them to give up on him now. If anyone is to blame, it is the organization for not getting rid of Yao when they had the chance.

14. davestrate

davestrate Member

Les and Morey think alike and that's the reason we traded for T-Will, Thabeet, Cousin, and Blakely. We need to get younger and more athletic on the fly.

I believe T-Will and DM are on the same page and that's why Adelman is the odd man out. It's like "oh you wanted to coach superstars?" Well we ain't got none so get the **** outta here then and quit ruining our chances at the lottery and to develop young players (which is what i specifically read from that article)

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Mike Brown? Oh for f_ck's sake.

16. AXG

AXG Member

Brown? Mike Brown? Oh, hayll naww!

17. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

All those people complaining about the lack of effective game-time playcalling by Adelman ain't seen nothing yet if Brown becomes coach. Brown can't call a effective play out of a timeout to save his life.

18. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Mike Brown ain't no damn coach! He is a Lebron biggest fan on the sideline. His coaching involves kiss azz to his star player and babying him.

If we had Mike Brown, a 20 sec time out goes something like, "Kevin, you doing good out there, let them know whose boss and kill it. We going to the club after this if we win ok? Ill be cheering for you. Alright, everyone on five."

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

+1

this

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The first thing Adelman said when he came was that he was going to "make life easier" for the star players. I think at the back of his mind, he couldn't understand how in the world two of the top offensive players in the league together couldn't have scored easier than they did. Well, unfortunately, those two guys didn't last very long for Adelman to get his system down to make their life easier.