1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Adelman and the Rockets could soon agree to an amicable divorce

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Apr 16, 2011.

1. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Mike Brown is a TUUUURRRRRIBLE coach.. his offense in CLE consisted of 'give Lebron the ball and everyone get the F back!' yea that would be disastrous.. Mike Browns offensive scheme makes JVG's O look like RA O smh

1 person likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

jvg's going to coach great offense with this unit?

3. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I really like Rick, but I really like the idea of having no set rotation outside of starting Martin, Lowry and Scola.. This meens Thabeet and TWill would immediately become possible rotation players(something that excites me)... Still though.... I feel like Adleman really knows what he's doing...

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the fact rick got offensive output out of this starting unit speaks volumes.

brooks
    ariza
    battier
    scola
    hayes

Yea, it takes an ordinary coach to do that. Les and Morey have every right to direct Rick's coaching abilities on the court :rolleyes

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I understand your sentiment, but if your judgement stands on twill and thabeet playing I'd strongly urge you to reconsider :grin:;)

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so the team is relying on Yao to come back, and he doesn't and the owner still thinks we should have gotten more out of the roster? does the owner even follow basketball

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

doesyour name mean ur a bandwagon dragic fan? lmao dudes been a beast since way bak ;)

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He means JVG won't have to coach much because the players already know how to run RA's offense and are used to passing it around. As long as significant rotation changes arent made it could work temporarily.

9. inishi

inishi Member

At this point its r****ded to even consider not trying to bring him back.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Why all the love for Adelman all of a sudden? All year long Clutchfans complained about the way Adelman ran the team and now everyone wants him to stay. Does anyone remember all the whining about not playing T-Will, the whining about playing or not playing Brooks, or the torrent of whining every time Miller entered the game? I thought at least some of you would be applauding this possible move by the owner.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Besides JVG, there aren't a lot of proven coaches out there that would make this team better.

I scratch my head with some of RA's substitutions, but in the end we can't get a better coach than him right now.

I'd rather go another season with RA's rotation than watch Mike Brown coach this team.

12. Treeza

Treeza Member

It's not worth playing the young players if the young players are the ones playing miserably...

I blame Adelman for nothing, besides going with their "creativity in the free agent market" TOO much, by playing miller so very very very often.

If we got Mike Brown, I think I would have to be the first on the team that wants to get rid of morey...

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

from what i've seen on here, opinions shift fast, from game to game even. "This player sucks." "Blah needs to be fired , traded etc...". At least for the general majority. Not being narcissistic but, my views have rarely changed along with a lot of others.

14. anchel

anchel Member

The question is, do you imagine a possible winning future with Adelman on the bench?

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Not changing your views is also a sign of stubborness.

There is a difference between supporting AB when his head was right and supporting AB when his head is not. One is being a fan of the Rockets, one is being the fan of AB.

Changing your views when evidences suggests that you should do so merely means you're a smart, well educated person.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And that is the real question...

Is Adelman a championship level coach?

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

you still. don't get it. Read things in terms of context, my post referred to the sporadic nature of sentiments to players game after game. I will sincerely ask that you read properly before thinking "Gotcha!" at the back of your head every time. This isn't a competition, I could care less about what your think.

I've been through this a million times, and please put me on ignore if this doesn't seep through, because I will.

-Lowry was not a good enough shooter to start.
    -AB was a better player/ shooter.
    -AB got injured and started playing bad.
    -I support Rick's decisions, the better player starts, and he was right in his judgement.
    -Lowry shot much better. Therefore that deficiency in his game is masked, I don't have a problem with him starting, negating your assertion.
    -At the same time, when AB was on the team, I felt his injury greatly debilitated him/ mental issues with the contract situation-In other words I was optimistic regarding his situation.

-He is gone now, his success in phoenix means nothing to me, I wouldn't be wasting my time with you on here if that were the case.

If this is the last response you get, blame yourself, consider yourself "victor" in this argument or whatever to give yourself solace and rid yourself of this obsession.

18. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I am highly skeptical this would happen even though he might be the best coaching candidate available. With everything, there are egos at play. You take a very good head coach who already had a rocky relationship with a wealthy sports owner and was spurned once, it would be very dubious that JVG would set all that had happened in the past aside to come here and coach again. The same could be said for Les. If he hires back JVG, it's like him admitting that he made a mistake years ago.

19. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Mike Brown is the worst. esp. after years of RA. I would much rather have Larry Brown than Mike Brown. hopefully it's not a Brown though. Elston Turner would be the only logical choice.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

My goodness are you sensitive, and ridiculously hypocritical.

I mentioned AB as an example of changing views, it wasn't the topic of my argument. The topic of my argument is there is nothing wrong with changing views. Why don't you "read it in terms of context"?

Here is an English lesson for you. The first line of my statement is a premise, the second line is my evidence, the third is my conclusion. My evidence is NOT my argument, it is used to support my argument.

And for that matter, a lot of people think Lowry should start despite his poor shooting, but like I said this is not even the topic of the argument.

I don't usually say this to anyone, but grow thicker skin, seriously.

I have never seen somebody so sensitive before on a message board.