1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo! Sources: Chris Paul wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 18, 2019.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just grab the popcorns and enjoy the thread bro.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Fake news. I mean, the media hate is HUUUUUGGGGEEE. Ignore the good, and try to create clearly fake news with an agenda for the bad.

D-rock and bro2044 like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Meh. I suggest there's some truth to all of this..... but I think the media are hyping it up a lot more than it is.

I just want CP3 to shut up and play basketball. He needs to start earning his 40m a year.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Either a bunch of Rockets’ ex-employees have an axe to grind, or there is a lot of smoke inside NBA circles that Jimmy Butler is seriously considering joining the Rockets via trade.

#285 DVauthrin, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    D-rock, BaselineFade and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Are you writing his actual check

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You know, I don't want to get caught into the idea that Jimmy is coming because if he doesn't, it's just going to suck more. But damn, I've thought this myself. This is a coordinated attack here, and who has the most to gain from such an attack at this moment in time? Rival GMs.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Fake news and some of y’all couldn’t eat that **** up fast enough.

BeBreezy, Patience, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Harden can kiss that state farm money goodbye.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Looks like it might indeed be a fake.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So does Chris Paul only deny demanding a trade?

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Could be a source lying.

Bzdelik?

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no idea. Morey's job is to figure that out and he's done a great job since acquiring Harden. The gist of my post was that he has swung for the fences in his two big subsequent acquisitions, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, by getting guys with known personality issues. There is no doubt that each, when acquired, was a top player in NBA. However, each also had baggage from every stop along the way when it came to their personalities. Each move was high-risk, high-reward and that is Morey's M.O.

It isn't Morey's fault that he was building this team during the same time that Golden State revolutionized basketball (including adopting a playing style that made guys like Dwight irrelevant) and a once-in-a-lifetime cap spike (plus a different type of personality) allowed the Warriors to acquire a top-3 player in the league for nothing. But Morey overlooked baggage from both Paul and Howard's pasts in signing them and that baggage has followed each one to Houston. This is the same reason I am very nervous about the team pursuing Jimmy Butler. There is no doubt he is a competitor, but how many seasons do we have before we asks out, too? When would the fanbase start to blame James Harden if that were to happen?

14. onreego

onreego Member

Yeah but are others allowed to play with them??

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I think there’s definitely some tension in the organization, but that is to be expected if there are going to be changes concerning style of play, assistant coaches, etc. However, when the player involved uses his personal IG account to squash those rumors within an hour of the story being published, I believe him. He could have easily let the story linger without commenting.

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

What does that have to do with anything?

As a fan I have every right to criticize a guy who hasn't been earning his 40m a year.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pretty funny how gullible people can’t be. Yeah if you can’t believe a reliable source in morey and are forced to eat up some source that has never had a reliable rockets story. Yeah you’re pretty gullible

Nook likes this.
  18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

#TeamHarden

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Has plenty to do with it since you insist on bringing it up over and over. You have every right? Lol why because you’re on cf’s typing? Lol

He doesn’t owe you anything nor are you entitled. Not sure what made you feel that way

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Fireworks!!!

BaselineFade likes this.